Need Help Running Armada Under Win98

Littlehawk

Spaceman
I have tried running Armada under Win98 but it won't work. I tried running it in DOS but, when I try to start the program the curser flies across the screen really fast then my computer locks up.

Right now I'm using a Gatway computer...PIII 500 and 128meg or ram.

Config.sys
REM [Header]
device=c:\windows\himem.sys /testmem:eek:ff /m:1
device=c:\windows\emm386.exe noemes x=a000-bfff
dos=high,umb
files=150
buffers=60,0
stacks=12,256
REM == PISETUP Begin Delete ==
REM == PISETUP End Delete ==

REM [CD-ROM Drive]

REM [Miscellaneous]

REM [Display]

Autoexec.bat
@C:\PROGRA~1\WILDFI~1\GOBACK\GB_PROG.EXE /i
SET BLASTER=A220 I7 D1 H7 P330 T6
SET SBPCI=C:\SBPCI
REM [Header]
@ECHO OFF

REM [CD-ROM Drive]

REM [Miscellaneous]

REM [Display]

I could get all the DOS games to work on my old computer with no problems at all. But that thing is pretty much dead...:( Right now I'm using my brothers and it's setup is alot difernt and I don't want to screw around with an unfililiar computer.
Another thing.... I know I need a mouse to play Armada. How do I make it so I can get the mouse working? It's a Microsoft mouse btw...are there DOS drivers I could download for it?
I havn't ever tried to get Privateer to work yet... For the past week I have just felt like playing Armada and after SEVERAL tries came here.

Yeah, usually any DOS mouse driver will do. I'm not sure... the CIC Files section might have a mouse driver.

There`s a simple freebe called MSMOUSE which loads the mouse driver in DOS. I should warn you, though that it does eat up some of your conventional memory every time you run it, so if you run into memory problems, you`ll have to do some tinkering.
If you email me, I`ll send it to you.

I'm not sure if it applies to all files, but if you type:

lh XXXXXXXX.com

wherever the program is located, it will load into high memory, providing there's space available.

That should work, if he has high memory enough. But also it may bump another thing that was in high memory down to low memory, so you should try combinations to see what's best.

Ok. I got the mouse to work....but I still can't get Armada to run...

BTW. Why is't the email thing working? Keeps saying it's disabled....

Back