Need help on Privateer: Righteous Fire

Backslash

Spaceman
I beat Privateer, but I'm stuck on one mission in Righteous Fire and don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm on that mission where you are sent to kill Govenor Menesch.

I jump through a few sectors trying find him, and finally run into him and his gang. He jumps to the next system, while I kill his goons. However, every time I try this I used so much jump fuel searching for him earlier that I have only one jump left. I use the last of the fuel up to jump to where he escaped, and I can successfully kill him, but now I'm out of fuel and there are no bases in the sector. What can I do? Any tips?

Does anyone play this game any more? Has anyone here even gotten this far?? I still like this old game!

Most people here have finished Priv and RF, so yes, we have gotten that far. The trick to it is... make sure you have enough jump fuel left to get to a base... any base.

Good to see a friendly ship! :)

I've tried multiple search patterns; no matter how I do it, he's always 5 jumps away. But I guess there may be a few more combinations to try... Any suggestions?

I don't remember, since it was so long ago, but maybe there's a pirate base in the system that he jumps into?

Maybe you can land before your last jump or something. If that doesn't work remind us which system you end up in and maybe it'll jog someones memory.

Hi!

I finished this not too long ago .. The hunt for Menesch
is a bounty mission -- meaning it isn't necessary to
do it all in one flight. You can take multiple flights,
or even fly a dozen cargo runs before killing Menesch
and the computer won't mind. I suggest the following:

After receiving the mission at New Detroit, fly to the
Troy system and refuel at one of the stations there. Then
resume your hunt. Menesh always appears at the same
spot in the same system (I think Regulus, but I'm not sure).
Fly there (one jump). Follow him through the jump point (2 jumps). Kill him, then you'll have plenty of fuel to
reach the nearest station.

-- Brian P.

I can't believe I didn't try that. Thanks, pendell and everyone else.

Of course, now that I've got a hint, my computer breaks... so I can't try it out yet. Sounds like a winner, though.

Dont forget to stop at one of the minning bases to meet up with Lynch and get your records cleaned. He will bargin with you if you take out Gov. Minesch and clear your records so that everyone will be your space pals again! The base is in Pyranees system. Looking at the nav map, it is the base on the left. Cant remember its name, but meet up with Lynch to get the deal BEFORE you take out Gov. Minesch.

RFBurns

I'm sure it's Basque in the Pyrenees system. In the 'bottom-left' corner of Gemini. Plus Lynch will still clear your records whether you've met him in RF before killing Menesch or not.

Keep in mind though, that you may want to first ask yourself if you need his services. It doesn't make the Kilrathi or the Retros friendly, but it does make everybody else neutral, which can be a dangerous situation.

Uh huh, but if the Kats are friendly, and then you take the offer, only the Retros pose any threat. But <sigh> once they return to their Talons, they aren't very challenging. Then again, you don't see Kilrathi very often once the main game is over, anyway.

Really? Perhaps you should consider visiting Kilrathi space... there's always something to do over there ;).

I know that, but unless you're really eager for a bounty, or something, I have no reason to go to Kilrathi space. Except maybe for a killing spree. :)

Does anyone found that asteroid that was full of guns,missiles and everting that the cats had someplace? I have gone loking for it(and helping Confed wining the war by killing cats) and I never found it. It was just a legend or something?

It doesn't exist, though searching for it makes a good excuse to go cat-hunting. Not that excuses are needed.

Back