Need A New Game Help

Romale

Spaceman
clearly im just looking some good video games, i tried eve, its the most bugy game i've ever graced, i want something in space where you blast shit, and thats relativly new, thats my only requirement, mmorpg nice but not nessessity

If you want really good games, travel back in time to the year 1995. :D No, wait. Freelancer is quite good in my oppinion. It's not quite MMORPG, but the multiplayer mode is good nonetheless, and singleplayer has a cool story, which is a rare thing nowadys.
I-War2 is good too, though it's story is a bit stylish, but the graphics are still top notch, though its two years old. But the game is not for beginners since it features newtonian physics, but when you manage it, you can pull of insane maneuvers you've never thought that they are possible.

If you want WC multiplayer, maybe it works with the WCS:Battlegroup Serpent for Freespace2, but I'm not sure about that(damn I'm on the mod team and don't know that :rolleyes: )

no any space combat sim, there ANY new ones out ?
ANYYYYYY
good new ones?
ohh and is jumpgate any good?

If you're looking for some new games here's a few recommendations:

Any Command & Conquer

The Delta Force games I feel are good, so you might want to try those

Half Life

Max Payne

Sim City 3000

The Sims plus addons

Elite Force, you get to play in space and blow shit up.

Away Team, you're in space again blowing more shit up.

SWAT 3

Team Apache

Any Rainbow Six game

USAF

Wipeout, race in space settings and blow the shit outta your opponants.

Wizards & Warriors

I don't have any real new games, so as far as Vietcong, Angel of Darkness, NBA Live 2004 and such go, I couldn't tell you. But if it's space combat you're after I've played Freelancer and I think that'll do the business.

Romale said:
no any space combat sim, there ANY new ones out ?
ANYYYYYY
good new ones?
ohh and is jumpgate any good?

The only new space combat sim (read less then one year old) is Freelancer which is ok. Well that and Wing Commander Prophecy on the GBA ;) Yager might be quite nice as well, but the demo needs a SSE enabled CPU which I don't have.
Jumpgate is too repetetive IMHO, but I only played the beta of the first one.

cff said:
...Jumpgate is too repetetive IMHO, but I only played the beta of the first one.
Um, you mean there's a *second* one?...

And, is Jumpgate playable by yourself (that is, can you play by y'self aginst the game's AI, instead of having to get online & do the MMP dance)?...
AFAIK, one can only play it while online, which sucks cuz I only have dialup. If it were possible to play it solely on yer own box while offline, it'd be worth my buying it...

Cosmic Power

@Phillip Tanaka
You list us a very unusual and varied games selection:

And I see Wizards & Warriors... a good but underrated game.

But (after my own choice) the best of this D.W. Bradley (inspired) Games is Wizardry 8. Rrrrr... I like the Felpurr and Rawulf beast race very much! :p :eek: :D ;)

As it happens, my ister loves a really old game called Wizards and Warriors 3 back on the Nintendo system. All I can say is good luck getting a game and system that'll work.

i ment purly space combat:p anyone know any ones that are coming out soon? like say next 6months to a year? im DIEING FOR NEW CONTENT: INPUT INPUT
my brain ==
C:\_

There's Rogue Leader and Rebel Strike if you have a Gamecube. Or the plethora of Star Wars games that are on bargain on PC. Have Rogue Squadren, that's good. Or you could try some old Nintendo and Super Nintendo games. Elite, the Super Star Wars series. Mechwarrior games are set in space. Some old Playstation titles that are set in space are Omega Boost, Oddworld I think, Megaman has space serttings, as does Armoured Core. Colony Wars is very much a Wing Commander style game. There's a couple of levels in Electrosphere that have you fighting in the upper atmosphere or space. There's bound to be others, but I just racked my brain of titles I had. Hope they give you a few ideas.

okay sides starwars freespace and freespace 2 and wing commander and privateeerz 1/2 tachyon terminus starlancer and freelancer what other space combat sims are there: and are there any more coming out sooN? for PC

damnit its like i can't find any besides that one babalon 5 one in development, my life is over, i must kill myself now

Back