Natural enemies of the kitties?

MjavTheGray

Spaceman
The humans are eaten by almost any big animal - that's because we have become too weak compared to our monkey ansectors. The Kilrathi evolved, too. It seems logical enough. So, what do you think of hypothetic "little furries" who eat kilrathi for breakfast?

I am sure - if there wouldn't be such beasts - the cats would've destroyed all the fauna at Kilrath and die of hunger long before they could go to space search for other planets...

I am sure - if there wouldn't be such beasts - the cats would've destroyed all the fauna at Kilrath and die of hunger long before they could go to space search for other planets...

Good thread, Space Point for you.

Actually, at one point in Action Stations they say that this would have happened - if other sentient species hadn't arrived at Kilrah to provide them with technology.

There are various predators on Kilrah (see the animal thread for a nice list) -- but the Kilrathi seem to be pretty high up there on the food chain.

So lets guess who would be dangerous for kilra's?
The birds? Guess not - whatever fast and agressive they were - kitties would easily hide in forest.
The snakes? They could be dangerous, yes -because of poison. But they'd never hunt cats for reason. They'd prefer to evade a meeting with a kilra, just like most terran snakes do not hunt men.
The fish? Like our shark... But the kitties do not like to swim. And...anyway - a water creatures could never exterminate terran ones.
Something bigger, faster and stronger than a kilra... That's the portrait of a kilrathi-eating predator, I think

No, the environment and the lack of prey beasts. Predators tend to need large ranges, relative to herbivores, to support an individual - which meant that a given area could support only a certain number of Kil per square kilometer due to this. Between that and the heavy volcanic and earthquake activity (IIRC, the reason they developed their civilization and shelter was to protect against constant falls of volcanic ash), the Kilrathi probably wouldn't have gotten past the atomic age without outside intervention, as Jukaga and his father mused.

Back