Nachos

McGruff said:
Mmmmm nacho cheese Doritos. Only I can't eat em without feeling like crap later, being chock full of MSG and all. Life sucks.

I'm pretty sure it's been proven several times that MSG doesn't make anyone feel bad about anything at all. So enjoy your Doritos.

Joker057 said:
Uh-oh, do I smell a theological discussion cooking in the nacho kitchen???

LeHah's just referring to the god he made up that revolves around musical scores.

Music God loves Nachos.

Joker057 said:
I'll stand by the fact that nacho flavored Doritos make killer nachos with mix pepper jack and cheddar cheese mixed.

I agree. Melted cheese upon Doritos is a wonderful treat.

Kansas City Nachos

1 – 16oz bag restaurant-style tortilla chips
1-2 lbs chicken breast
12-16oz of your favorite barbecue sauce (I make my own)
1 lb of your favorite cheese
veggies as desired (tomatoes, onions, jalapeños, black olives, etc.)
Sour Cream
Salsa

Set aside about half of the barbecue sauce. Heat up the grill and use the other half of the sauce to coat/slather the chicken during grilling. Cook thoroughly, cut into cubes, then set aside.

Spread tortilla chips out on a baking sheet. Combine with chicken, remainder of barbecue sauce, shredded cheese and veggies. Turn grill to lowest setting, place baking sheet on grill and cover. Remove when cheese is fully melted. Serve with sour cream and salsa on the side.

For an extra zing, place a smoke box in the grill while the cheese is melting.

Just so this thread doesn't completely die down, I'll be posting some pictures here sooner or later of some nachos I had last weekend with a buddy of mine. They were pretty tight. Nothing spectacular or extraordinary, but good nachos, just the same.

ace said:
Are you crazy? The chips are going to get all soggy and you're going to get nachostuff all over your hands if you just pile everything on top of the chips. There's no reason not to separate.

As usual, ace is quite right. There's nothing worse than getting a giant plate of Apple Bees nachos.. only to discover five minutes later you actually got a plate of mexi-mush.

Yes. Tight nachos are much preferrable to loose ones . . . unless you like your nachos loose and easy. You gotta kinda know what your nacho preferences are. Kinda like the age-old question:

"To cheese, or not to cheese"

. . . wow . . . that question was cheesy enough. No more pre-noon posting for me.

The answer to that question is obvious my friend, nachos without cheese is like a day without sunshine.

*drools* I love nachos. They were actually invented by a guy because at his restaurant, they were out food or appetizers or something like that, so he took a bunch of cheese, melted it, threw some other stuff on it, and voila, he had his nachos. Ultimately they became popular in the USA because George W. Bush was apparently a fan of them and started having them served at Arlington Stadium in the '70's. As much as I hate his policy on trampling on the toes of civil-liberties, violating freedom of speech, and picking fights with countries on grounds that don't exist, I admire his taste in snacks, even if he did almost choke to death on a Pretzel :p.

Maybe I botched the story up a little but it's been a little while since I saw the story on TV.

-Concordia
360 Posts! I have as many posts as there are meters in an Exeter-Class Destroyer. (WC Trivia for you.)

He must have aquired his culinary good-taste from his father who I understand refuses to eat broccoli...........Oh, and your politics suck. (thinks to himself, keep this a nacho thread, keep this a nacho thread.....) :)

McGruff said:
He must have aquired his culinary good-taste from his father who I understand refuses to eat broccoli...........Oh, and your politics suck. (thinks to himself, keep this a nacho thread, keep this a nacho thread.....) :)

Heh, I know what you mean. How do my politics suck though?

(B.T.W. In my next post, I shall reveal a new invention I discovered)
-Concordia

Concordia said:
*drools* I love nachos. They were actually invented by a guy because at his restaurant, they were out food or appetizers or something like that, so he took a bunch of cheese, melted it, threw some other stuff on it, and voila, he had his nachos. Ultimately they became popular in the USA because George W. Bush was apparently a fan of them and started having them served at Arlington Stadium in the '70's. As much as I hate his policy on trampling on the toes of civil-liberties, violating freedom of speech, and picking fights with countries on grounds that don't exist, I admire his taste in snacks, even if he did almost choke to death on a Pretzel :p.

Maybe I botched the story up a little but it's been a little while since I saw the story on TV.

-Concordia
360 Posts! I have as many posts as there are meters in an Exeter-Class Destroyer. (WC Trivia for you.)

Sorry but I find that hard to believe, about as hard to believe as when Al Gore said he invented the internet. hehe politicians seem to take the credit for everything these days. But they dont actually do much.

But in any case Nachos RULE! I prefer the heaped on slathered kind (soggy ones)

I discovered a cheesy treat. Part of it's been done before, but part of it is new (at least to my knowledge)...

A good buttermilk biscuit
Some Country Ham
Sharp Cheddar-Cheese Sauce

1.) Cut the biscuit in half
2.) Put the ham in the middle
3.) Remove top half of biscuit
4.) Drizzle sharp cheddar-cheese sauce on top :cool:
5.) cover slice of ham-n-cheddar

Enjoy! :D

-Concordia

Back