Nachos

Not nachos, but it sounds yummy and terribly bad for you.

Concordia said:
Heh, I know what you mean. How do my politics suck though?

Oh, just that I hear these criticisms of the president all the time but I don't see any actual loss of civil liberties or freedom resulting from his policies. It seems to me that it's the Democrats that do more to erode individual rights in our day to day lives than any other group. But I digress, we should be talking about what is really important - gooey cheesey bubbly jalapeno covered nachos!

My local mexican chain restaurant, On the Border, used to have a dish they called the Campfire Queso. It was a skillet full of cheese, with various things mixed in. Stuff like ground beef, jalepenos, tomatoes, sour cream, carrots, other things too. And they'd give you a bunch of tortillas. And you'd scoop that oh so delicious greasy cheese onto them and make little tiny cheese burritos, and it was good.

But it was always better when you ran out of the tortillas and was scooping it onto the plethora of nachos they'd leave on your table. It was a meal in and of itself, and was better than anything else on the menu.

Tragically, just two weeks past I went to this location with the intention of devouring said appetizer... but it was gone. =~(

Never forget...

I used to make deliveries to about 40 or so restaurants every day. It's amazing some of the things that you see behind the scenes at some places, but I have to say that On The Border is one of the more sanitary chains. Oh, the horrors that I have witnessed at the various El Torito locations!

Did you say a plethora?

You don't know how good those look to me know. I have been in Hong Kong for 4 months now and they seem to miss some of the finer elements of cuisine here, like good nachos.

Demon said:
You don't know how good those look to me know. I have been in Hong Kong for 4 months now and they seem to miss some of the finer elements of cuisine here, like good nachos.

You should take it upon yourself to spread the joy of nachos to the rest of the uncivilized world.

Never had that at Chili's, but another very good not-quite-nachos dish is the Marketplace Grill's Grilled Queso. Haven't quite figured out what all is in it, but it has a perfectly weird balance of sweet and spicy. Presentation is nice too. They bring it to your table put a thin layer of what I'm assuming is vodka on top of it and light it on fire, grilling it right there. Good stuff.

Edit: Actually, I'm not sure vodka has enough percentage alcohol to burn like that. Maybe its PGA, I'll have to ask them next time I go back :D

C-ya

There's a restaurant up near where I live, called On The Border that serves these HUGE nachos, along with the d@mned best salsa ever! (IMO).

RFBurns is probaly referring to Boudin, if I'm not mistaken. It's a cajun sausage consisting of pork and rice.

TheNacho.jpg

Mmmmm

Back