MY Wing Commander IV DVD broke into two pieces :(

THE_WUQKED

Spaceman
:(
I just wanted to show my m8 the DVD-quality WCIV movies, when my DVD broke into two pieces when putting it out of the DVD case :(
So now I'll ahve to buy it once again. But I don't think, I'll be able to pay such a low price again (Germany!) + I haven't seen them here for a while at ebay :(
Damn. Why wasn't it Privateer or Wc3 (dos) or so? That would be way easier to get - and cheaper.
Has got anyone any other suggestions than waiting till it shows up again at ebay? Or maybe someone willing to sell me one for a fair price?

P.S.: I'll definitely buy better DVD-cases next time. Not those, where the CDs are hard to get out again...

You know, anytime I take a DVD or CD out of a DVD sized case I'm always afraid I'm going to break the disc. I've been waiting for it to happen, maybe I'll get lucky and you just took my place though...

You'd have to bend it pretty bad to break it though right? You can bend CD's really far without them breaking and they will still work fine. You're just incredibly strong fella.

i would give you one for free if you paid shipping and handling(i got 2 of them one came with each of my computers way back when) but only one of them works so sorry :(

My CD player broke my cd once. I dont know how it happened, the cd player started making wierd noises, and when i took out the cd it was ripped apart.
My cat ruined an other one with its claws.

I played Frisbee with my Dark Forces CD once, rubbed some dirt on it, walked across it. Kinda neat. Took it into the computer lab an hour later and it worked just fine.

In fact, I still have it. It has a scratch on it, but that seems to not matter at all, for some reason. The game runs loads and palys all the way through just fine.

You'd have to bend it pretty bad to break it though right? You can bend CD's really far without them breaking and they will still work fine. You're just incredibly strong fella.
No, I didn't use much power or so. It just broke somehow :( Never happened to me before.
Thx StewMc, for the info. And the good thing about that is, he ships worldwide :) - And the price is quite ok as well - ~20$ with shipping. Now the only question is, what payments he accepts worldwide (And I have to find out what payment is what in German ^^) I guess I'll ask him...

Sorry to hear about it, misery!

I bought my DVD from Valentinez too, she's really nice, you should have no problem. Paypal would be best if you have a credit card. If not well, you'll find a way but it will take probably a bit longer. Good luck!

It's pretty easy to do it. I snapped the inside ring part of my WarCraft 3 Cinematics DVD without even using any force. Lucky the part that broke is not the disc information part but rather the plastic bit that clips to the DVD case.

I just turned my keyboard over (on a hunch) and tapped it. Sure enough, cracker crumbs and small bits of cheese fell out.

Moral of the story? Don't eat cheese crackers at the computer. And don't break your cds and dvds.

In a related story, a friend of mine put a cd in a microwave once. The result was kinda cool looking.

overmortal said:
I just turned my keyboard over (on a hunch) and tapped it. Sure enough, cracker crumbs and small bits of cheese fell out.

Moral of the story? Don't eat cheese crackers at the computer. And don't break your cds and dvds.

In a related story, a friend of mine put a cd in a microwave once. The result was kinda cool looking.

Done that before. Lots of pretty colours.

Back