My Wing Commander fan fiction

ck9791

Rear Admiral
Seeing others posting their stories, I've decided to share what I've been working on. If anyone wants to read the wing commander fan fiction I've been working on, feel free to e-mail me at ckukla79@hotmail.com and i will send you what I have written so far. This story is not finished, but it is the one I've made the most progress on. The file is too large to post here though, the story is currently 29 pages in microsoft word. I am going to try to find a way to upload it and then I will post a link here.

If you are interested, the story takes place in the Gemini Sector prior to the original Wing Commander. It focuses on a young 2nd Lieutenant from the Space Forces flying a Scimitar medium fighter off a carrier that is trying to prevent the Kilrathi from making progress into Gemini.

Thanks

If you change the .doc into a .txt, it will be even smaller - and you could add it as an attachment in a post..

My fan fiction story

I've changed the file from a word doc to a txt and attached it to this message. Please feel free to post any comments, criticism, or suggestions. I'm not finished with the story yet, so I'll post an update when I write some more.

Attachments

• wc0-5v.txt
    71.6 KB · Views: 330
I've just skimmed over the first couple of pages, so this is not the full review :D - anyway, it reads nice; has some of the gutsy style of Fleet Action. Good descriptive prose, well-timed for action scenes, enough imagery to create an impression.

The only bump in the road I hit until now is character description - at least in the beginning, the characters get introduced with full name and rank, but not much else.. Maybe some things like hair color, size, type, accent or whatever would be nice to have the reader get the right picture about your crew and protagonists. But as I said, I'm not through. (But as I said elsewhere - the first scene with a new character is the most important for your reader)

Does it have a title yet?

Thanks for your comments. I'll go back and try to work in some descriptions of the different characters. Its easy to skip some details and fill them in your mind when you write something yourself.

No I don't have a title yet, I haven't really thought about it.

Back