My stupid Radar and stupid VDU don't work

FleeBalls

Spaceman
In the Privateer Remakes and Gemini Gold my radar never works and my VDU will only show the schematics/shield readout display for the targeted ship when I am in a ship with dual VDU, and in the case of the Remake 1.1, only when in cockpit mode after hitting the "V" button like six times. The radar and VDU of my turrets always works perfectly, but in the cockpit they don't work no matter what ship I fly and no matter what radar i purchase. How can I fix this? The first time I played through the game the only way I could go after enemy ships was by locking on to them and looking for the arrow that appears in the corner of the screen. Naturally this makes things difficlut when fighting several ships at once, performing manuevers, finding ejected pilots, and numerous other things. If anyone knows how I can fix this glitch, please HELP ME!!!

No Radar

Same issue. No new driver for Intel card.
Loved the original and would like to play purist , if I could tell
where the retros were before my armor starts glowing.

how do i do that?

How do i upgrade my graphic driver? I don't even know what kind of graphic card I have. I have a gateway pc for 2002-2003- how do i find out what kind of card i have? And how do I upgrade my driver? Can I go to website and download them for free? What do I do?

Cargoman said:
Same issue. No new driver for Intel card.
Loved the original and would like to play purist , if I could tell
where the retros were before my armor starts glowing.

If the solution described at http://priv.solsector.net/faq.htm does not help your intel card could be too old.

Fleeballs said:
How do i upgrade my graphic driver? I don't even know what kind of graphic card I have. I have a gateway pc for 2002-2003- how do i find out what kind of card i have? And how do I upgrade my driver? Can I go to website and download them for free? What do I do?
Take a look into the computer's manual. You could ask at http://www.crius.net/zone/forumdisplay.php?f=3 or just use Google.

I already have the latest drivers that are available for my card--drivers that were released in 2002. I guess my card is just too old. Anything I can do besides buying a new card?

I'm running an Intel 82810E graphics device--it came with my computer when I bought it four years ago.

I already got the driver from there, and it still does not allow the radar to display properly. I guess this means that my video card is just too old or something.

Graphics update

I also have an Intel card (82865g) and I'm showing to have
the latest driver . No radar , I was unable to see how to configure
the Firewall in "XP Home" , but running in "windowed" did not get
any pop up message. ?!?!? Hints ?

The firewall only prevents that the game loads it has nothing to do with the radar.

What do you mean with "running in "windowed" did not get
any pop up message"? What popup message? The game window does not popup when you start it or what?

"Pop-Ups"

Sorry for the long delay in responce.
ISP problems at home.
When I said "pop-ups" Iwas refering to "Windows" messages .
From your responce I assume that this would only happen if
there was a problem loading the game . I apparently missunderstood
your earlier suggestion about this issue .

To recap , I can load , run/play , interface , with the game .
I have no music , but do have sound effects and speach .
No problems in ship or on base with movement or control .
In ship only scamatics on top left vdu , and nothing on radar .
I can see the radar display but no blips of any kind , no ships ,
no bases , no jump points .

I can travel and trade between bases , jump to new sectors , ect. ect. ,
but as soon as a pirate or retro shows up I'm toasted . Hard to fight when
your only clue to thier location is your vanishing shields/armor .

?!?!?!?

Back