My stories

Sylvester

Vice Admiral
Since no one thinks I have good story topics, heres a interesting one.

A modified Gettysburg class crusier, the TCS Normandy, is sent into Kilrathi space in 2665. Onboard are a mix of terran and cat crew, ex The captain is human but the XO is a cat. The ship infiltrates the lines and sabotages key installations. There will be on course a dillema with Kilrathi honor and a mandarin agent onboard.

For Instance...?

BTW, the xo of the Concordia wasn't kilrathi and the ship didn't enter cat territory until K'Mang.

Story Rundown

Cat XO - WC3
Sent deep into Kilrathi space trying to disrupt operations- Combination of Armada and the CVE strategy (including Tarawa's run on Kilrah) around 2667 to send the expendible carriers after transports and Kilrathi installations
Mandarin Agent on board - WC2

The really big hole in this is the 'half Kilrathi' crew. You can count the number of willingly defected Kilrathi on 1 hand (and the most prominent of those, Ralgha, was the result of an identity overlay). Why take the chance with a half-Kilrathi crew that could easily overpower their human couterparts and turn a Gettysberg class ship against Confed when their 'delima with Kilrathi honor' came up? A single Kilrathi officer familiar with the area would give you all the technical/'behind-the-lines' info a deep strike needed without the added risk.

C-ya

He probably does, but it's not his job to give you ideas. That he did offer a suggestion for a possible storyline is bonus points for him.

In short, do your own work.

I'm going to do a story about the BW during the war. It's set onboard the BWS Couraegous in the last year of the war, 2669. , which is a modified Waterloo class crusier. The pilots are in the "Minuteman" squadron, a reference to the American Revolution. The BW, like the first Americans, were farmers and colonizers and the "minuteman" is a reference to this.

No, the militia we see in Wing IV is new -- slapped together from war-era surplus materials and Confed units loyal to the Union's cause.

I'm no fanfic guy, but my thought is that you need to come up with more than just a setting -- figure out what the story is, and then build around that... not who's going to be *in* your story.

That's actually a pretty good story idea, better than your other ones.

Personally, I'd prefer you tried some comedy - something in the vein of Ziggy Stardust.

Back