My own Spin on WC

One downside with Palladium is that it's restrictive in terms of skills. The skills are divided up into a number of subcategories (Physical, Rogue, etc) which isn't so bad, but the problem is that the OCCs (Occupational Character Classes) will bar a number of subcategories. For example, the Robotech RPG by Palladium has a Veritech Pilot OCC which would be a good starting point for a Fighter Pilot OCC. However if you want a fighter pilot who's a great cardshark like Vagabond in WC3 & 4 you can't have one - the Gambling skill is classed as a Rogue skill, which is prohibited to VF Pilots.

That said, Palladium did up the roleplaying game for Robotech so that might be a good game to look over (good luck finding it as it's out of print. Copies can possibly be found on Ebay or Amazon) There's also a PBP RPG on the Net that uses the Palladium mechanics for a Macross 7 based RPG (think Robotech meets colony fleet) at http://www.macrossrpg.com There's a link on the opening page to the UN Spacy Database which has stats for all the fighters and capships, wich you might be able to use for stats inspiration. Granted, there's a whole different feel between Wing Commander and Macross/Robotech but it might be a place to start.

P.S: If you're looking to test the Wing Commander d20 RPG on a play-by-post game I'd love to join. Been a sucker for the idea of RPing in the Wing Commander universe eveer since I started my Wing Commander years with WC3 :)

YES! I play D20 Star Wars all the time ... and I would love to be onboard for this WC D20! Drop me a PM or something, but count me in :p

Chaeronea said:
For example, the Robotech RPG by Palladium has a Veritech Pilot OCC which would be a good starting point for a Fighter Pilot OCC. However if you want a fighter pilot who's a great cardshark like Vagabond in WC3 & 4 you can't have one - the Gambling skill is classed as a Rogue skill, which is prohibited to VF Pilots.

That said, Palladium did up the roleplaying game for Robotech so that might be a good game to look over (good luck finding it as it's out of print. Copies can possibly be found on Ebay or Amazon)

First off Gambling is not a skill in Robotech thats found in Rifts (comon mistake) but there are 2 different versions of the skill normal and dirty tricks, and yes it is restricvtive I know I have all the Robotech RPG books (yes ALL of them and yes I'm also a Robotech nut too LOL). I agree it is a good base to start off of BUT when writing your own stuff you can add in stuff not normaly found in the basic template your using. As Palladium says you dont have to have the skill to do anything but to be good at it you need the skill or very lucky dice heh.

When I did my WC conversion for the Robotech RPG I had to change the bases I used although I never finished the darn thing (YET) it was decent I had Confed pilots in Sabers side by Side with an alpha fighter battleing the Kilrathi and Invid heh (yes I told you it was a convertion but i combined both worlds). Belive it or not I think I tweeked too much cause the fighters were better killers than the veritechs. The most fun I have is the Piloting checks when taking off failed checks mean bad news and needing to clean off the flight deck heh.

Back