my mailwoman...

Branches

Spaceman
Looked up at me with dreary eyes, she acknowledged my existence with a subtle nod. She held out what looked like my normal plethora of Amazon.com packages, and yet I found myself wondering if I had even order anything.

As I climbed the 3 flights of stairs, the anticipation grew and grew. What was this package? And for what have I deserved for this? As my door opened with a creak and skipped to my room in a beat. The sweat trickling from my brow had been cold enough to spark a fire on my bow.

The package was scribbled neatly in black ink. My heart slowly began to thump loudly as my hands caressed the worn cardboard.

DSCF0257.jpg

What if it's money? Fortune? Or fame? My god could it be my Original Sega Genesis Ghostbusters game? I tore through the tape in excitement. Hoping to receive immense delighted. What happened next was mostly a crime.

DSCF0259.jpg

I dropped the package and jumped back praying to god "OH NO NO NOT HIM NOT LILLARD OH GOD!" The detonator devices seemed to have came in threes. My pleas and cries were echoed again. I thought my short life had come to an end. I further investigated the three faces in front. Matthew Lillard, Saffron Burrows, and Freddie Prinze Junior, that...Runt.

A small note was atop the DVD bomb's cover. I shook visibly. The scribbled font written legibly. I closed my eyes and hope for no quarrel. A business card by Chris Reid?...What does it read?

DSCF0261.jpg

The rhyme was better than mine I confess. And with that a smile enveloped my face from my fearful depths. I opened the box and look what I was to fine. PENS! DVDs. And BUBBLE WRAP WERE MINE.

I set it down next to the WC4 DVD. Enjoyable happy as you very well may see.

DSCF0256.jpg

Thanks a bunch, and see you this year CIC!

Yeah, Chris and the gang always do a great job with the prizes - I never begrudge a late delivery.

Tip for the future: please don't directly link to huge pictures. It causes download strain on those with slow connections and is also impossible to view in any reasonably sized monitor.

it would also be a good idea to erase the personal datas on the parcel, I don't know if it is a good idea to display yours and chris`s adress..

*sigh*

The dude got a cool package from the CIC staff. Can we not stupid it up? Just once?

Anyway, congratulations man. Always fun to get surprise mail.

Hmm that reminds me....I've moved the past few months and I think Chris still has a few things backlogged for me....PM sent.

Hrm... That reminds me. I think I won some stuff that never arrived too - came across some that came when I struck it huge one year, but I think the year before stuff never came.

I've gotta check the winner lists from way back when to be sure though.

Glad you liked the package, Branches!

If there's stuff from prior years that was never claimed, I can send it out with the stuff from this year's birthday.

On that note, I also got a package from Chris just the other day - at last, Star*Soldier mine, all mine! Thanks, Chris! :)

On that note, I also got a package from Chris just the other day - at last, Star*Soldier mine, all mine! Thanks, Chris! :)

Star*Soldier in print is sooo much better. It's not easy to describe but the whole thing just looks and feels better in hardcopy. It's really hard to get a sense of it as a magazine in PDF form. (Gar's ad is a good example of something where the concept kind of gets lost when it isn't physically crammed into the back of a magazine with stuff crudely fit in wherever there's space left over)

Hush, AD. You're making those of us lacking a hard-copy jealous. :p

Yes, there are gel-ink pens as well as the traditional ball-point CIC pens. I already thanked Chris privately when I got my package a week or so ago, but I'll repeat it again here. :)

And LOAF, personally, I don't mind waiting a little. After all, it's all on the staff's generosity.

I didn't get mine yet :( maybe it's just international post ;)

In a way, it is. :) I did take your item to the post office a long time ago, but I had a giant stack of stuff, and at the end they told me I had the wrong customs form because it was over 4 pounds. And it was busy and I would've needed to hunt down the form and then go to the back of the line, so I've had it sitting right here for a while. As far as I know, only you and Dund have prepped packages that haven't gone out at this point.

Back