My Ideas for 2 future projects.

Vermin

Spaceman
hi guys,

right here are my ideas for two games i plan to start work on, but at the moment i have a project running for netkar (altho due to alot of things its started to fall apart so i need to bring that all together and finish F1 1977), but anyway im looking to get people on board now and start work on the game engines and modeling, i would like to start from scratch with the engines but i know that will take time, but i dont know about modding games, ive never really been fond of that i like to see something grow from my own ideas and not restricted by something else, the first project is by far the one that will take longest, i cant really think of a game engine that would fit its requirements anyway plus i dont know how much interest the project would get.

WC: Systems at War
================

Wing Commander online allowing players to battle other players and explore capships, interact with other people and form squads and tactics and fight the war during the WC3 timeline online.

First/third person perspectives
full space dynamics
interior capships that can be explored from the cabins to the flight deck
AI NCP populated capships and 100 fighters(max) to each capship 100 pilots (max)
kilrathi - terran (add on packs later with borderwolrds, black lance, newer ships for confed, priates and neplim and maybe Firekkan)
dynamic mission system (allowing populated space battles for opposing sides) - scripting fights from the wc3 era pitting capships to capships

*Fully explorable Capship/base designs interior allowing players (as a kilrathi and a terran) to walk around and chat to each other, make friends and drink in the lounge, take a look at space from inside the upperdecks, attend mission briefings before rushing to the flight deck, squadrons, choose your wingmen, your ships before boarding your fighter and setting out to combat.

*Space Flight models allowing you to commun between your wingmen and fight as in any previous wing commander game, patroling navs, rescue missions, defend and attack and all out convoy warfare between terrans and kilrathi continuing the war effort on both sides.

*Space simulator train and set up your comm replys, taunts and orders with a number assignment.

*Single player pilot academy - learn the basics of the engine, take your exams and get drafted to a ship, or as a kilrathi learn your instints and gain your honour before being posted to a clan ship

the second game is something i feel alot of people would like but its a FPS and i know attempts at an FPS WC game were made before altho it looks like Marines is a dead project. alot of FPS engines will fit the bill but id like the unreal engine as it was used in Americas Army but i think there are also alot of sourceforge projects that would help this too but as i said im not fond of modding games...just not me.

Marine Commander: Repleetah Campaign
==================================

First Person Shooter Story Based surrounding the story of Repleetah from start to the final stand between the sides, fighting a war which the universe dosent care about on a planet without the backing from confed.

3 Episodic download containing mission sets of around 20 missons each.
Following the War as a young Recruit make buddys and enemies
Multiplayer mode Kilrathi Vs Terrans and various modes

so what do you think? WC: SoW has been on my mind for years i think finally it can be made i thought this before and posted years ago tho but it would have been a mod, id like it to be just a freeware game :)

Vermin

i used to model for games but i kinda phased it out, because i found it dull and my models where so poly high :p i do alot of texture work, my programming skills are non existant unless vbasic and pascal C count :p and i do alot of pencil art nowadays so i dont do much but organise and use my head full of gears and whistles to produce ideas.

Vermin

at the moment im looking to start getting them developed along side the netkar one (as that is underway) so im looking at game engines like the geo engine or having coders make something new, the plan is to kick them off now so they are started, so i need people who can model and texture and also work with the editors of the game engine (which ever one either gets chosen or made but the geo engine is looking mighty tastey since its free and i think might actually suit the requirements for both games)

I need to know how much interest each game produces...wing commander online i would like to see which is the basic idea behind WC:SaW, but im not sure people will want an FPS based on wing commander. so at the moment i need interest and people who can help out with the project(s)

Vermin

People with the neccessary skills to pull off online games programming are few and far between in the games industry, in the fan community I doubt theres really anyone with adequate skills. Also please note that you need to get enough players, WCZone for subspace had enough players for a couple of months but I can't see anyone investing all that hard work into a project that requires to many people to be online. Hell most commercial games which sell say 100,000 copies very very quickly find that they don't have enough players.

As for the FPS it would make a great total conversion, just pick your engine, personally I like the engine Chronicles of Riddick uses and I hear they're constantly increasing their mod support. I certainly can't think of a good reason to create an engine from scratch (having said that from experience putting together a basic FPS engine is pretty easy, but I'm convinced you'd want to do more than a title such as Quake).

yes finding players to play it would difficult thats a good point hmm might have to think about that, i dont know if there are many WC fans which would want to play in a constant universe (plus hosting will be a problem for the servers thinking about it)

Modding tho theres always the problem that you have to own the game to play it and as i said your restricted in certain areas of the code, making a decent engine would take years (at least 2 to get it to a releasable standard as with my experience with other games), so i look at engines that are built but which are opensource and freeware, because then its free :) and its already in a state we can use or build on.

now i found a few engines which look interesting.

Catmother: http://catmother.sourceforge.net/ (this game is very close in quality to max payne its a 3rd person but i think it can be made into a first/third)

Neo Engine: http://neoengine.emedia-solutions-wolf.de/modules.php?op=modload&name=gallery&file=index (dont ask me why i was calling it geo :p had a bit of brain fade) this seems a versitile engine.

Vermin

just a quick update, im looking for someone to help me co-write Marine Commander and help me do a mission script that way its written and out the way.

if anyone wants to help give me a PM :) ideas welcome

so far i know that the first campaign will be based around the first 3 and a half years of the repleetah battle then the 2 remaining episodes will focus on the remaining years, i want to follow a private and have squad training (like in starship troopers) and meeting up with some old WC guys like Dekker before he is captured and the final Seige with D'Arby and the remaining troops.

i think ogre will be the engine i choose i just have to find people to work on it, so im going to plan out all the missions and things but id really like a co writer to help me on the story.

Vermin

Back