my idea

Ladiesman^

Spaceman
I'm thinking of writing a fan fic, and i've come up with an idea. I'd like to hear some feedback to see if it would be worth it. (and I want to get some practice, i'll be writing the story to go along with WC Invasion mod)

It's set during the war. I don't think I really need to get specific, but I would say WC2-3ish. It takes place on an old, transport converted to be a science vessel catalouging new jump points, as far away from the front lines as can be. The crew encounters a Kilrathi ship stuck out there sending an S.O.S. and they have to make a decision on whether to help them or not. It would be complicated by having half the crew as civilian scientists and half military personnel...on both sides.

I have some intresting idea for it, and like I said i'd like to see if anyone would find this entertaining.

Kill 'em...the Kilrathi wouldn't help em, and they would kill the Terrans first chance they got!

I feel your pain...it's hard writing for the Aces, and I only just started.

Oh, i'm not writing for the aces...this is my own thing....

The main problem of it would be the Kilrathi would be mainly scientists in a badly beaten ship studying some spacial phenomeona. The Kilrathi would be in no position to fight back...and it's up to us to decide what to do with them. I think i'll start working on it and post it on up.

Sound good to me. But I cant quite see even Kilrathi sciences getting alone in one ship of Terrains. defiantly in that part of the time line. But if the Terrains did help the Kilrathi and the Kilrathi knew that hey couldn't kill the Terrains for some reason in order to survive it would be interesting seeing both Kilrathi and terrains trying to get along on one science vassal.

But yeah Ladiesman^ I think you should write it. It sounds like it would be interesting and it would probably be one of a kind story witch is cool :)

[Edited by -=\/\/olf=- on 07-12-2001 at 19:24]

Sorry I got to this one late.

Sounds like a top story that'll question and test all the characters involved, works on the scietists ethic and doctors ethic line by the sounds of. Cool idea love to read it!

SOunds like a pretty cool idea. It's not the type of thing that you read often. There are a lot of interesting possibilites that you can do with that one.

There is room for conflict with the military and scientists
room for conflict with Kilrathi and scientists
kilrathi and military

there is also room for terran and Kilrathi to come together on peaceful terms.

Lot of interesting possibilities. Go to it.

You're an idiot.

;)

No, really you are.

;)

I'm just kidding. No wait, no I'm not. You are an idiot.

(I am being sarcastic, peoples. It's a joke!)

Lehah,

If you're saying the idiot thing to me about Kilrathi and Humans coming together on peaceful terms, I don't mean it in a happy love and peace thing.

I think there is a lot of possibility for the cats and the apes to not be at each others throats. Especially after the war. What if the kilrathi ship was full of scientists. They've got to have them too.

My only thing about that was in war you never see the good side of your enemy.

I know,I wasn't taking any offense at it, I just looked at what I had written and figured it could use a little clarifying. I rarely take offense at anything, never does me any good if I do.

Originally posted by Arcadian15
My only thing about that was in war you never see the good side of your enemy.

Actually, in World War I, on Christmas day, two seperate brigades stopped their trench war in an unoffical cease fire. They met in the middle of "No Man's Land" and traded stories, ciggarretes and played Soccer (which should be called football but I'm here in the States) and Rugby and had a generally very nice day.

The next day, they went back to fighting.

There was also a rather obvious and blatant line underneath saying, quite boldly, that it was a joke.

Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him? :)

Originally posted by LeHah
There was also a rather obvious and blatant line underneath saying, quite boldly, that it was a joke.

Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him? :)

You don´t need to quote Obi-Wan Kenobi, my friend :)

Back