Music problems

Venom

Spaceman
Hey, 1st of all great job with this exellent sim!
Here is my prob: i want to add some new music to FC, but i don't know how to do this! I know that the musics are wc1.. wc2... etc...
My question is: i have to use the same name?
Thanks!

Now an improvement/request for the next version:

- Killboard (It will be fun...)
- A menu with more rooms (barracks, flight deck... like WC3)
- Ship stats in the ship viewer (length, short history, number of guns, etc...)

Thanks for reading me!

Yeah, for the time being, just save the new mp3 on top of the old one with the same name. You can already change the room graphics and location, look at gameflow.xml. But you can only have one room for the time being. If you plan on making a mod, please let us know what your plans are.

Thanks!
I'm working to make a brand new WC story divided in chapters starting at the end of the first WC and going trough the WC2 era and WC3 era. With some new fighters and new characters. It's still in planning. Some ships redrawed from scratch and only a test mission.

Another question: I have made a script mission that puts you in a random gauntlet. when you kill a ship a random new one appears and so on, but there is a problem: when the same ship model is recalled it have the same shields and armor values when it was destroyed... there's a way to fix it?

That may be a bug on my end. Please send me an example so I can reproduce it. I'll need both the mission.xml file and the script.

It's ok! It works perfectly! Thanks a lot!
I'am very happy giving my contribute to the fans! So put it in the next version.
When do you think next version will came out?

God, it will be hard to wait, but it's ok!
I've noticed something strange, the Z depth is too near, for example, when you do the asteroid missions, the rocks come out from the field of view like they're entering a sphere. It's a limitation of the engine, or it can be customized by a setting? May this can be a new setting on the next version, so the slow machines can view bodies near, while high end machines can have a full space.

Yeah, maybe it can be a setting, right now I hard code it for performance, but I can easily make it a parameter in some XML file, maybe even in the settings menu. Making it too large will definitely slow down the engine.

Another suggestion, there is a way to use different eject pick ups than in constants.xml? It will be a good idea to use different picks campaign by campaign (it will be better mission by mission, but i understand that maybe it be a lot of work...)
It will be just fine if you eject in a mission that you're fighting pirates in a pirate territory and be picked up by a pirate shuttle instead of a constant enemy ship.
It will add some more atmosphere to the game.

Hi again!
I'm still working on my mod, and I need a little help!
I'm trying to emulate jumping in / jumping out missions, the first is nearly complete, exept for the "white flash" for the jump, but the second, i can't work it out!
There is a way to "destroy" a ship whithout the explosion?

I've promised a jump cutscene and jump scripting for the next version, so you probably will want to wait for that instead of coming up with something yourself. You're right, I don't see a way to remove a ship right now without killing it.

But eventually, once I get the jumping, you'll have a ship_jumpout function. And some way to specify that a ship jumps in when it gets created. Plus, I want to add a jump cutscene that will show different sectors in the background. And I want all this to have the appropriate sounds.

Let me handle the jumping stuff, it's easier to have the engine do it.

Right now though, all I've got is a mostly complete jump model from Cyberion.

Well, ok!
I'll wait to insert this functions to the mod, I'll make the mission someway "incomplete" until next version. ;)
Daily Question: There is a way to "refuel" a ship from scripting? To refuel I mean the full loadout of missiles and afterburner fuel!

You can use

Ship_setFuel(string shipid, float percentage)
Ship_setHitPoints(string shipid, float percent)

Don't think I have anything for missiles just yet. And don't forget that you get a free refuel cutscene if you check the refueler box in the mission editor. More than likely that is what you really want to do.

Not exactly, remember my gauntlet mission? Well, I want to improve it giving bosuses every a number of kills (or points) to make it more likely the gauntlet that appeared in the WC Academy game. So if you get x points, you get afterburner fuel, y points gives full loadout, z points and you get your hit points full... In that way you can continue infinitely to kill enemies, just for fun!

Gotcha. As I said above, you can make 2/3 of that come true (fuel and hitpoints) but no weapon replenishment just yet.

eddieb said:
Can't give you anything definitive now, maybe next Jan?

Can't wait for it. :D Anyways, I rather have an engine that is bug free. Also, I am very busy right now. I would like to see jump feature and more gameflow scenes and even animated one like in the WC games.

Back