Muppets in Space

Originally posted by Lynx
The WCM kilrathis faces looked more like lions witout fur. I think grey fur would have suited on them ( did i spell it right without grammar mistakes?)

Originally posted by Col. Dom
I'm not so sure...! I think it's either or. I kinda' made up my own rule and say that the spelling "GRAY," means sad, depressing (you know, like the opposite of "GAY") and the spelling "GREY," is the color.

Anyone know the REAL answer to this...??

Either "grey" OR "gray" would be acceptable spellings, for *either* meaning of the word (color or mood). After all, the mood usage is derived from the color (just like being "blue" after yer girlfriend breaks up with you, etc.: Spelled the same way as the color blue).

::conjures up image of Dave Barry's "Ask Mr. Language Person" columns::

Originally posted by Talyn 83
seeing as how nobody's posting any messages anymore, how 'bou this. I've always wanted to see them coffing up a hairbal, and if they don't have hair any more... that's never gonna happen.:(

That's so sad... :)

BTW: The best looking Kilrathi were those from WC2. And their voices!

I thought the kilrathi from wcatv looked a little like the kilrathi from wc2. the wcatv variants looked less threatening though. But the wc2 kilrathi do rule.:D

Originally posted by Col.Dom
His puppet was too short and he looked like a happy-furry-thingy (a little too cartoony) and not the menacing feline beast he once was. Why not just use the same puppet from Three?? What happened??

Roberts budget in WC3 and the technology at the time didn't allow him to make the Kilrathi the way he saw them. The Bradygames WC3 guide shows them to be more like the WC Movie's Kilrathi with a lot more fur. And remember how Hobbes looked in WC2, with the badass earings and tribal markings? Kinda like that.

Re: Kilrathi Emperor

Originally posted by Col.Dom
Well, he got old in WC3!

WC3 is set some 2 years after the end of WC2 so the emperor's voice shouldn't have changed too much. Particularly since he's well past puberty.

LeHah: Let me guess - in addition to the uncut Return of the Joker, you've also got He-Man Masters of the Universe on DVD?
Oh yeah cool pic - "I have the power!!!" :cool:

Actually, I can't seem to find the goddamned DVD! I refuse to buy online for that sort of thing, because when I find it in a store, the victory will be all the more delicious!

The movie is terrible, but Frank Langella as Skeletor is a Darth Vader level villian! :eek:

Skeletor rocked!! He was totally badass, especially when he fragged one of his own minions for failing. I don't know...there's something about that movie that really ticks. Sort of like Ninja Scroll - basic plot but so really well constructed.

One last question about DVDs - have you by any chance seen the Transformers movie on DVD?

It's sitting in my room as we speak. It's fairly easy to find around here for about $12. It has an interview with the composer (who's a HUGE dork, his biggest movie was Rocky 4) and some storyboards from the movie. Rather blah transition to DVD too, though not as bad as Anchor Bay's Army of Darkness Director's Cut (which even Sam Raimi made fun of on the commentary track! :) )

Sigh- The Memories Flood

Why is it that all the cool things of our generation just ceased to exist?

The world is cruel & unfair!

But I'm the Maniac and I'm a craaaaaaaaaaaaaaazyyyyyyy booooooooooooooooy!!

:cool:

Actually, I liked the original concept art for the movie Kilrathi. They were pretty scary looking guys. I think that the CIC has some of the art under the movies section. If they could have made the Kilrathi look like that in the movie. If only they had the cash. Chris Roberts stated the his original vision was had the Kilrathi as nimble and deadly fighters. Sort of like a samauri. I really would like too see some Kzinti like Kilrathi in action. That would be something.
As for the game Kilrathi, I like the ones from the second one the best. WC3's cats were pretty well done for the budget, too. I think it was in there personality though that relly gave them life. They actually felt evil and downright scary here. ( Incidently if you do not think that the Kilrathi are or were thought of as evil by the writers, then read the script to WC3.)

Re: Re: Kilrathi Emperor

Originally posted by Penguin

WC3 is set some 2 years after the end of WC2 so the emperor's voice shouldn't have changed too much. Particularly since he's well past puberty.

LeHah: Let me guess - in addition to the uncut Return of the Joker, you've also got He-Man Masters of the Universe on DVD?
Oh yeah cool pic - "I have the power!!!" :cool:

What is there life span.

Actually the emperor was considered ancient after 78 years. *raises eyebrow*

Though so were many Roman emperors...:D

Back