MS Sidewinder ForceFeedback 2 joystick

Y

yoyoyojo1

I got aMS Forcefeedback 2 joystick several years ago. It is a great joystick, well made, heavy etc.

When I bought it we were still in the days of Windows 98/me. It came with a CD which of course had some nice software for customizing the joystick, including assinging keys to buttons, reversing rudders (sp?) etc.

Then for awhile they were packaging the exact same joystick in a new box which referenced XP. I thus assumed it had software for XP.

I can run it fine for XP using the default drivers but I can not use the customizing software, which needsless to say woudl be very helpfull with these old WC games.

Anyways does anyone have experience with the joyustick and if so have you ever seen XP software for it? MS has nothing on there site and now they no longer support htis product at all. It would seem some of the sticks which sold later with boxes referign to XP might have XP software.

When I boguht it it was one of the best amd expensive joysticks on the market. Too bad they are not makign them anymore, or are they.

I have the same problem with mine. It is not force feedback but it is an MS Sidewinder. The customizing software was a very handy tool but no luck with XP either. I havent found anything in the last couple of years since I got XP and I dont believe there is anything that can solve this problem. I eventually got accustomed to using a mix of keyboard and joystick.

yup me 2

Yup I use a combination of keyboards and joystick. Not the best way to get fully involved in combat since i have to keep looking down at my key board.

I did recently buy a logitech rumble pad 2, it has xp software, is fully customizable, analogue sticks, but i just can't seem to fly too well using a gamepad. and this pad does nto have a throttle (although logitech does have one similar with a throtle)

Back