Movie Uniforms

Dragon1

Rear Admiral
Does anyone have any hi-res photos of the uniforms from the Wing Commander movie? I'm particularly interested in rank badges and other small details. Thanks.

Does anyone have any hi-res photos of the uniforms from the Wing Commander movie? I'm particularly interested in rank badges and other small details. Thanks.

I just got the companion to the movie in the mail. I'll take a look in there and get back to you.

helmet1.jpg
helm1.jpg
propflightsuit.jpg
helmet1.jpg
helm1.jpg
helm2.jpg

Here's a shot of one of the nametags. Pilot name tags have a pair of wings drawn on them... There really isn't much else for insignia. There's an alternate name tag that shows up on the front right of a crewman's hat. It doesn't really contain anything different than the name tag. Also note that the Pegasus name badges are somewhat different. The circle is on the right and contains... A pegasus, and the lower part with the name and rank is white...
Nametag.jpg

There's a Tiger Claw badge that shows up on flightsuit and uniform sleeves. Also the badge on the very front of the hats seems to indicate whatever vessel the crew memeber is from. Note that Blair is wearing a different badge on his sleeve when he shows up on the Claw... very similar to the Concordia badge in the same picture here : https://www.wcnews.com/wcpedia/images/WCMArtBook09.jpg

The badge on the flight suit collar is just the generic confed logo found of the shoulders of the regular duty uniform. THere appears to be ID stuff on the leg though. Flight helmets have the pilot's name on them though. Overall, there really isn't that much interesting rank inignia information for the film. There might be some kind of code to decipher the dot language on both the nametags as well as the dogtags.
dogtag.pngHatpin.pngPegasus.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the hats are actually a nice asset, at least now the confederation pilots don't look like 20th century US airforce. I find it much more interesting that they actually put the rank on the dogtags.

I thought the hats are actually a nice asset, at least now the confederation pilots don't look like 20th century US airforce. I find it much more interesting that they actually put the rank on the dogtags.

Im not a fan of rank on dog tags you would have to get a new set everytime you get promoted. Im not sure how it works with the US but in the UK we get issued a set and that set stays with us the only info we have on them are Service number, Surname, Initials, Religion, blood type and service (e.g. RAF, Army etc).

Im not a fan of rank on dog tags you would have to get a new set everytime you get promoted. Im not sure how it works with the US but in the UK we get issued a set and that set stays with us the only info we have on them are Service number, Surname, Initials, Religion, blood type and service (e.g. RAF, Army etc).
US tags have 5 lines: Last Name, First Name and Middle Initial, Social Security Number, Blood Type, Religion. At least in the Army that's how it is. Pretty sure it's the same with the other branches.

US tags have 5 lines: Last Name, First Name and Middle Initial, Social Security Number, Blood Type, Religion. At least in the Army that's how it is. Pretty sure it's the same with the other branches.

So pretty much the same as us only we dont have the full firstname makes sence as its the only infomation you need to give if your a POW

Back