Movie ship question

Lynx

Spaceman
Is this just concept art, or did that ship type actually appear in the WC movie?

It says it's Snakeir class, but the WCM Snakeir looked considerably different IIRC, that one looks like some kind of terran space battleship or something.

page37.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe this is an early sketch of the Sivar-class dreadnaught (the larger of the three ships which attacks the Tiger's Claw while the main characters are hunting for the ComCon). The final ship ended up looking fairly similar to the Snakeir-class.

Holy crap that's awesome! I'd love to model that sometime when I have the time...*rolls eyes* It might be a while. I have a startrek thing to model next after I do the Raptor.

In my onpion, nearly all space crafts of the WCM-Kilrathi looks merely human, instead of the ComCon and their "Dralthi"-Fighters (and then only, because this design of the WCM-terran space forces had straighter shapes). No ships in the WCM appears to me really alien. But the idea of a visualized strange atmosphere in Kilrathi ships and in when they explode was nice to see but also overused.

The outcome of WCM is after nearly 5 years still a miracle to me...
The old designs of the WC-games were nice enough. The movie-maker had only add new and more details to the ships, instead to rewrite entire facts of WC. Ok, it's better for now that I'll shut up. Last word: If they had those Lillard and PrinceJr morons beside some other imo out of place actors replaced with unknown but better fitting actors, the Movie would be one of the best B-movies I ever had seen. I must admit, even it has had its lengths, it was something remarkable (soundtrack and some scenes were splendid and even the drawn intro with the irritating space-christian cross in the middle of the star-map).

Back