Movie scenes play way to fast problem

AnthonyM

Spaceman
I posted this problem in tech support but it seems like there is way more traffic in here so i thought i would ask here as well. I have tried everything to get normal playing movies in Prophecy but no matter what i do i get fast skipping and i am very close to giving up playing this game and it is making me very sad. I have a SB Live and i tried turning down and off the DX sound acceleration and it doesn't work..same go's for cd rom cache and video hardware accel. I even used software accel and it still does this. Does anyone know any other way to get the movies to play correctly? It is not the cdrom as i downloaded the full demo and movies as well and played it off my hard drive and the same thing happened. I can't find a duplex setting for the SB Live sound card i have...it is not in the multimedia tab of system properties..i checked thoroughly. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I desperately want to play the game but i don't want to play without watching the movies...that would kill the game , right? Damn EA and Origin screw me again...Ultima 9 anyone? There are a shit load of people with this problem.

[Edited by AnthonyM on 04-15-2001 at 19:29]

Back