movie question

LOL LOAF...

Chris Roberts should hire our two friends here, to star in the next Wing Commander movie...

They'd surely do a better job than the guys from the first one... :p

That would be cool! And I could tell him what I thought about his WC movie and his shaved Kilrathi, living in a green mist : <puke> !

I don't blame Chris for all that stuff in the movie...I think part of the blame has to fall on the SUITS, as always (Dun dun DUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!!)

To quote Colin Williamson of PC Gamer: 'If you pitched a game starring a Samoan Hamster named "Mr. Baku" that featured the most perfect design since Civilization (and plenty of musical numbers), the suits would probably ask you to re-tool the game into a Half Life clone starring a woman with big garbonzas'.

As wise as I'm sure PC Gamer is, I don't think we can blame amorphous suits for the Wing Commander movie -- Chris Roberts was happy with it.

Hmm... PC Gamer really seems to be the magazine that likes making the most impact on the fan community. Weren't they the Maniac missions people, and the ones who kept maintaining that WCP would have multiplayer after it was announced that it wouldn't?

TC

CGW has always had the 'exclusive' Origin rights -- they get to do the announcement/first story on new games... they're just really, really bad at it (or, occasionally, the readers are really dumb (G)).

Hmm... The only really important exclusive Wing Commander related thing I can think of in PC Gamer is actually the WC1 release.

TC

PC Gamer did a big Origin issue back in 1996, when Wing Commander was in its heyday (Richard Garriot cover) -- it announced the Academy animated series for the first time (and showed us the first pictures), and had big articles on UO, Kilrathi Saga and Privateer 2...

No, the joke is that you're supposed to yell that the thought police are after you -- and then an admin replies in a calm manner that there are no thought police (G)

Your supposed to rant, "Its a cover up! The Man is trying to feed us lies while they continue to police our thoughts!"

Back