Movie Concordia

Sarty

Rear Admiral
In the WC Movie when Captain Sansky views Tolwyn's briefing, the main ship displayed for the Concordia Battle Group is not the same ship that we see as the Concordia. Now is this the same as the games where the ship shown is a Concordia class carrier and the ACTUAL Concordia is a Confederation class carrier or am I missing something? The ship is displayed at about 23 minutes and 16 seconds into the movie. Thanks.

No, it's not the same ship. The ship in Wing Commander II entered service in 2661, seven years after the events of the movie.

There have been three ships named Concordia in Wing Commander's lore: a fleet carrier in the novel Action Stations, the cruiser in the Wing Commander Movie and finally the dreadnought seen in Wing Commander II.

so what kind of ship is displayed in the briefing? Thats the only thing I dont get. The CG ship in the briefing is not the Concordia we see at other times in the movie.

Oh, sorry. You're talking about this chart?

battlegroup.jpg

I'm pretty sure it's just a 2D representation of the ship in the movie, like the various VDU images of ships in the games. Compare it to the Concordia-class supercruisers that the camera pans around during the Pegasus intro. (But don't compare it to the graphic in the Confederation Handbook, which was a much earlier version of the model.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back