Moskva mission (ep.4)

Kavok

Spaceman
Sirs,

The first Hakaga went down gloriously, and we got the distress call from the Moskva. (I'm certain the player ends up with a better set of start positions for the attack on the Hakaga if one or two enemy ships survive the perimeter assault, but that's by the by!).

I nailed the Grikath wing in the first wave, then the second came in. The Gothris don't appear until the post-evac third wave I don't think - but the Moskva sank during the second wave. This leaves me with a little dilemma; either the Grathas or the Hriss are carrying torps - not something I've seen before. Is this true or am I missing something?

Just out of curiosity!

KvK

Sirs,

The first Hakaga went down gloriously, and we got the distress call from the Moskva. (I'm certain the player ends up with a better set of start positions for the attack on the Hakaga if one or two enemy ships survive the perimeter assault, but that's by the by!).

I nailed the Grikath wing in the first wave, then the second came in. The Gothris don't appear until the post-evac third wave I don't think - but the Moskva sank during the second wave. This leaves me with a little dilemma; either the Grathas or the Hriss are carrying torps - not something I've seen before. Is this true or am I missing something?

Just out of curiosity!

KvK

I'm pretty sure I saw some of the Grathas launching torps. (Yes, specifically in this mission. I haven't seen that happen anywhere else just yet).

Sounds like you may have missed one, or a torp was launched and you didn't notice it when you were destroying the bombers.

EDIT: And yes, Grathas have an anti-capship capability. Check the Standoff ships page.

Yep, Grathas carry torpedoes in every mission (I don't think any of our Kilrathi ship have alternate loadouts, ever), it's just that this is one of the occasions where you can't help but notice it. :p

I think I managed to lose the Firekka on the revenge mission once - that would explain it, I was sure I'd nailed all the Gothri before she went down. Thanks!

Back