More than WC4 in common

Yeah, she's quite a good actress let alone a smart arse. Unfortunatley since WC3 she has garnered a small reputable manner as an "On-and-Off" actress.

I enjoyed Tom Wilsons Freaks & Geaks appearances. Too bad the show was axed before even completing a full season -- I thought there was still some mileage in the characters and execution.

Hmm, how should I say this without revealing that I went through a Desperate Housewives phase? :p Umm, yeah ok, so I was channel-hopping while waiting for a network film to start and happened to pause on a programme I had never seen before on a channel I rarely watch and was about switch off completely and return to my crisply ironed copy of the Financial Times and hot mug of cocoa, when I suddenly felt the glowing pangs of a Wing Commander reference rise up and pang some more...

Could it be; no, surely not, but it looks like her... "it's STILLETO from WING COMMANDER PROPHECY!" I exclaimed with all the vigor of an overburdened coach-potato and made manifest with a celebratory, punched fist cum salute into the air above. The dog thinks I'm high. I am, and it's the feeling only a true fan can experience. I bathe in my self-satisfied aura for a few more seconds until I am swallowed again by the fickle dance of light, too easily drunk on its charms...

Ok, so maybe not, although I did nearly spill my mug of coffee while trapped in the glance of obscure, game-television minutae recognition -- oh, the marvels of modern life! :p I thought she looked great in the episode I saw, some 7-8 years after the Prophecy shoot -- I think it must have been the make-up and lighting -- all the women in WCP seemed plastered in make-up, whereas WC3 and WC4 were more toned down in that area. Ooh, from Vagabond to make-up, where next? :p

Cheers,

BrynS

We did an Update about this back in the day: https://www.wcnews.com/news/update/6297

heatherstephens2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Referring to the first post: this isn't all to uncommon.

Lots of movies and shows will find casts and crews that work well together. How many times have you seen multiple star-trek characters playing off of one another in other shows and films?

Before the movie Lucky Number Slevin, the actors who played Dumbrowski and... "Bodgy Guard #2" - were in a Canadian TV Series together, called ReGenesis.

"BG2" or "Bob" as he's known in ReGenesis (or Dmitry Chepovetsky as his mother might call him) was also in two episodes of Stargate SG-1. His history in Sci-Fi goes way back to Mission to Mars, X-Files, and others... but I digress.

It's just common for casting agents to find groups that work well with one another and get them to act together. OR, at the very least, to have seen several actors by WATCHING (or, perhaps in this case PLAYING) something - and just recalling, later, those actors. And, as always, "in the biz" it's not uncommon for someone to call in a favor. "Hey Chau, it's Rob. Hey, man, I saw you on 24, you think you could help me out??"

;)

Nu

Stargate SG-1 is the worst. They will have actors come back to play COMPLETELY differant, unrelated characters and it will be obvious that they are the same actor. It's not like putting Jeffrey Coombs under a pound of latex to hide who he is. That works, IMO.

Back