More questions for the wing commander saga team

Dyret

Super Carrot!
Okay, here we go:

1. What will saga's mission editor be named?

2. Will it add any new features fred 2 didnt have? (Except WC theme.)

3. Will saga come with a kilrathi campaign, or is that something i have to make myself?

4. What will the system demands be?

5. Tolwyn said you might release a prophecy addon for saga later on. Will you be able to make moving engine pods on the vampire and panther? (I know the freespace engine supports rotating ship parts.)

6. Will we be able to upload our own missions/campaigns to the CIC after sagas release?

7.What is left on your "to do list"?

8. When will the demo release.

9. Will you redo the broadsword? I saw an old model that looked kinda wierd.

10. Is Psych still alive? He havent posted for a while.

1.FRED

2.It will have the same abilitoes as fred_open.

3.No

4. Not sure, but I think you should have at least 1 ,2 Ghz and a decent graphics card(anything better than GF2, and at least 256 MB RAM, though more would be recommended, to play with at least medium details)

5. Maybe, and while FS engine supports rotational parts, it's not like those in WCP. Maybe source code modifications allow this on a later stage, but don't get up any hopes.

6.Depends on the CIC.

7.Classified(And our to do list often changes, too)

8.In your lifetime.

9.Maybe

10.MIA :p

2. There are a few additions; at this point I will not name any :D
4. A Cpu with 1.5 Ghz is sufficient to play at high details. You also need 512 mb of RAM and a DirectX8 GPU, such as Geforce4Ti series or better. It has been reported however, that a DirectX9 GPU is preferable for best gameplay experience.
10. Let’s just say that due to his 'job' (very few people here knew his job path), he's going to be gone for a while.

Whoa. Those specs go over my head I think. :(

Good to know the Saga team is still at work. What are you guys up to for the moment?

those are specs for high detail level, which means it suppose that you are using TGA backgrounds, high res map, and, and, and. Do not be afraid, there are a lot of turning options :)

I had a chance to run an older build of the game on my laptop, which has a Radeon 9000 GPU, a card which is by no means known to deliver high performance. The result was 40 fps :D Quite good, I would say.

Whats the fuzz about? Everybody's been saying the next Wing Commander game would force them to upgrade their computer. Well, it did!

Lynx said:
6.Depends on the CIC.
We can run a news update when a new campaign is released, however collecting and organizing such fan missions would be up to the WC Saga team or a third party, either at Saga's HLP website or the (currently unused) Solsector.net location. We can provide a download mirror if storage or bandwidth is an issue.

Go Lynx! Someone should do the world a favor and model more Scimitars and Broadswords and Sabres. I don't think I've seen any reasonably accurate Broadswords out there other than mine and the one everyone else is using. :p

Pffft. so I take it that you never saw the model we are currently using...which is the model everyone else is using. :p

I like the Longbow over the Broadsword. The damage you can do with that baby! You can take out an entire fleet with it's armament.

GreyViper said:
Will you implement auto tracking?

Depends on the code-gurus, if they will implement it, we will use it (maybe :) )
If not, you need to learn targeting ! :D

powell99 said:
Will we see the official release of the (You guessed it) Eagle any time soon

Even if I like this ship very much, I really doubt it that you will see it in the near
future. If it will be finished, then only shortly before the release. Currently it is
so much down on the to-do list, that I have to go to the cellar to even read it there :)

But don't give up your hope, there will be many suprises you guys have no
clue about.

About autoaiming...well we could do some homeing energiebeams...but that would look realy odd ^_^
Hope HLP comes up soon so that we can make our request for one of the many changes we want...man we need our own coder staff.

The Eagle...well yah its to bad that it has such a low priority on our list...but the last model Lynx and I made was looking quite good so maybe it will be in the next release ^_^
(read the release after the demo and after the main campain..we got something cooking.....)

$Homing: Whether or not the weapon has homing ability. Only works on missiles. The following entries preceded by '+' are only needed if homing is set to YES
I found this at Volitonwatch FS2 weapon moding guide and it made me think with maybe few changes it could be adobted to certain ship guns.

Back