More Map Progress

Originally posted by Kalfor
WC movie and games is not the same
period
Eww, I hate Americanisms. (Recursive point, I think I just used an Americanism just then - heh, I can crash the English language! :))

In any case, you may choose to go against official lines, that's your choice. I'm not too fond of some aspects of the movie either, but I'm willing to accept it as part of the same WCU we are familiar with in the games.

Originally posted by Kalfor
...on the systems part
There is a difference between planet and system.
I saw a few systems with the same name going from I to IV (and maybe more).
Same with the mention below of Ella Minora and Majora (which I'm not sure of, but I understand [they're] 2 planets in the Ella system) and Loki IV (which is the 4th planet in Loki system)
Try using punctuation, it makes it easier to read.

I noticed the same thing too, trouble is, several systems in Armada are listed with Roman numeral designators. But I would agree that Ella Minora and Ella Majora are planets of the Ella system (I think Hawk was listed as being from Ella Minora in his WC4 bio) and Loki VI was a test planet for the Behemoth (I'm sure it was VI not IV).

Originally posted by Quarto
Oh, BTW, before I forget -there's an alternative spelling for Epsilon Prime - "Epsilon Prima". Actually, I can't say that I've seen Epsilon Prime in any source...
I don't recall Prima, but I think Spirit said her fiancé was on board a station in Epsilon Prime in WC1... but I'm very foggy on that memory, it could just be Epsilon station.

Originally posted by Ghost
I think that is Sheol, It means *Hell* in hebrew.
I've noticed in several places where the word "grave" is used in the Bible, there's a footnote which refers to the Hebrew word Sheol.

I can´t remember the hebrew word for grave (i will try to search in a dictionary), but just searched in a Bible wroted in Hebrew and Sheol is the Hell.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Hari Space: 1,000 abandoned systems -- should we make up a map for it?

How about making a big fogged out area behind the Kilrathi jump points and just an arrow or something pointing "To Hari Space"? ;)

Heh, something similar to a street directory - when you get to the edge of the maps it says "End of maps - To <placename>".

Well, the ultimate fantasy for me would be one, giant, scrollable map that you can use to get a "big picture" of the WC universe. (And no, I don't have a life.) Such a map would probably be too big to display online, but it would be great for downloading and viewing offline.

A few more questions that I'm hoping LOAF will be kind enough to answer.

By my count, the Border Worlds have about 80 systems total, which makes them a lot bigger than I thought they were. Have Confed and the Kilrathi grown by similar amounts? How many systems do they have apiece? (not counting the 1000 odd dead systems in Hari space.)

Also, What's the final total for the Landreich? And what about smaller groups like the Grovsner Colonies? How many would they have, both together and induvidually?

Best, Raptor

Well, the ultimate fantasy for me would be one, giant, scrollable map that you can use to get a "big picture" of the WC universe. (And no, I don't have a life.) Such a map would probably be too big to display online, but it would be great for downloading and viewing offline.

My hope is to finish this first phase of research by tomorrow afternoon, and then to make a really, really big map to put out!

By my count, the Border Worlds have about 80 systems total, which makes them a lot bigger than I thought they were. Have Confed and the Kilrathi grown by similar amounts? How many systems do they have apiece? (not counting the 1000 odd dead systems in Hari space.)

Ahhh! No counting yet! I would estimate about 750 systems each have been mapped.

Also, What's the final total for the Landreich? And what about smaller groups like the Grovsner Colonies? How many would they have, both together and induvidually?

I can tell you that the Landreich has 14 systems, and will always have 14 systems <G> Smaller colonies haven't been mapped out yet.

How about making a big fogged out area behind the Kilrathi jump points and just an arrow or something pointing "To Hari Space"?

Perhaps, perhaps...

I don't recall Prima, but I think Spirit said her fiancé was on board a station in Epsilon Prime in WC1... but I'm very foggy on that memory, it could just be Epsilon station.

Quarto is correct -- the reference is "Epsilon Prima", and not "Epsilon Prime".

I would have thought Loki VI referred to the sixth planet in the Loki system (as Earth/Terra could be referred to as Sol III), not a new system altogether. That they've used Roman numerals on some repeated system names makes it confusing for us.

I would have thought that it should be called the Loki System, too... CAPTAIN JOHNNY.

The zany Armada numerical systems are something else entirely.

Decided to read the Academy manual yesterday, and was surprised to read that Leech missiles could disabled a capship's shields. Guess I just assumed it was a mistake when I first tried the game - I was even more surprised to find that it was true. Felt really good wiping out a Ralatha with guns.

The shield-killing leech missiles from Academy and Armada became WC3 (3DO)'s Vampire misile.

Anyway, I noticed that the author says he lost his wingman to a swarm of Sartha in the Gwynedd system... sounds like Shadow's situation, don't you think? Interesting to that the author also mentions that he "barely survived a grueling dogfight with a lone Drakhri flown by Khajja the Fang" in the Vega campaign. Despite the fact that Khajja flew a Krant and not a Drakhri, the author sounds a bit like Blair doesn't he?

This was part of a crazy odd mid-90s "Make every character sound like Blair but not" scheme. Characters who sound like Blair but can't possibly be show up in the Academy Hanbook (Colonel Lombard!), Voices of War (Jacorski?) and End Run (Phoenix!).

My main point in this post is this: "I personally witnessed the demise of the TCS Viper when it came under fire from an attacking Ralatha destroyer in the Gwynedd sector." Why sector? Can we assume it to be a mistake? Especially when there are systems and sectors sharing names (and the system is not necessarily a major 'hub' in the sector).

This is part of a problem which, IIRC, Captain Johnny solved with the original map. Very, very often the term 'system' and 'sector' are swapped -- the example above is good, as is the Kilrathi Saga guide saying that Strakha were destroyed in the "K'Tithrak Mang Sector". It went from bad to much, much worse when one of the official WC3 Guides decided to call a bunch of the WC3 systems sectors.

The solution? A sector can be named after any system in it -- Enigma Sector is the most popular name, but you can just as easily call it the Gwynedd Sector or the K'Tithrak Mang Sector. This is *especially* useful for the Epsilon Sector -- which was an amalgamation of the previously established Antares and Deneb Sectors.

If you got Mjolnar from the reference to a Mjolnarian stout, then I'd advise against it - Mjolnar is an agricultural(?) planet in the Ragnarok system.

Shoel or Sheol? From memory, I think it was Sheol. Make sure it's right before adding.

D'oh -- can't believe I missed these two.

Who had Ceti Prime as their homeworld?

Sorry, meant that it was one of the Confed 'core' worlds -- it's listed as one of the places luxury goods are imported from in the Privateer Manual.

(Long List)Plenty of those systems are already on the map. I assume you just dumped the all names anyway, right?

*All* of those names are already on the map -- those are jumps attainable from Charybis (don't worry -- no green lines for this thing...).

I don't think it was ever referred to as Firekkan Sector - I always remember SM2 putting Firekka in the Antares Sector.

The reference comes from Action Stations.

Enigma long jumps... I see your point about Landreich being unimportant, LOAF, so I agree about not putting in any jumps that way. As for the jump to a Kilrathi system in Epsilon, this is a difficult case because we know so little about the place. One idea, I suppose, would be Kabla Meth - for a system housing a sector HQ, it seems a tad isolated, so maybe this would explain why the sector HQ was placed there. And of course, the difficulties of finding a jump point in Enigma (like the one for K'Tithrak Mang) would explain why Confed didn't immediately use this link to strike against this sector HQ. Oh, BTW, before I forget -there's an alternative spelling for Epsilon Prime - "Epsilon Prima". Actually, I can't say that I've seen Epsilon Prime in any source...

All good thoughts. I'll put them into use on the next map.

Avalon sounds like a good spot for that deep-space point. The question is, though, where in Avalon? One could argue that the Retros' seeming restriction to Gemini would mean that this place would have to be close to the sector border, but at the same time, Avalon is just the sort of spot that the Retros would want to expand into, so a more faraway location also makes sense.

Near Dallas :) Actually, as far away as possible -- to a place that's unexplored, and that's where the Retros can sufficiently take out a space station and escape unharmed.

BTW, do we know what exactly the different honorifics imply? I mean, would jaq Rhang be the same as nar Rhang?

My impetus is to disregard the other honorifics, because it's partially implied that they are often *followed* by 'nar something'.

Finally, Munro. Hmm, that jump straight to Kilrah complicates things . Especially when the Munro route doesn't even seem to be taken into account during the BoT campaign. Well, anyway, it looks as though Munro is most likely in Vega (can that place get any more crowded?!). There are three distinct possibilities for the Confed link - Weslyn, Proxima, or Krieger. Either way, try to place it in Douglas quad, since it's the least crowded place in Vega. BTW, this reminds me - should there also be a direct link from Freya to Kilrah? That's the way it is in WC3, but the WCP map only has the Freya-H'rissith-Kilrah link.

The Munro Route *was* taken into account during the BoT campaign -- it was discussed by Tolwyn and company as being impossible during their briefing <G>

Will examine Freya later.

its simply what I said. Roberts wanted to use it, but couldnt all of it cause he didnt have the rights

Even if your crazy version of copywrite law existed (note: IT DOES NOT), this would be easily disproven by The Original Press Release (from 1997). Quote: "ORIGIN Systems, Inc., an Electronic Arts (Nasdaq: ERTS) company, announces that it has granted an option to acquire the live-action feature film and television rights to one of the most successful computer game franchises in the history of electronic entertainment, Wing Commander."

I saw a few systems with the same name going from I to IV (and maybe more)

These are from the Armada maps, which label series of stars with the same name using roman numerals.

same with the mention below of Ella Minora and Majora (which Im not sure of, but I understand its 2 planets in the Ella system) and Loki IV (which is the 4th planet in Loki system)

Loki VI is from the original published Prophecy map, so we can't do anything to that error. Ella Minora and Ella Majora are unknowns -- since they're never explained anywhere. (Although we know that one of them is, presumably, in the Mylon (Mylon II) System and *not* in the Ella System <G>).

I didn't have the orignal map here in the office. Thought I might have missed it.

You can grab a copy of the original map over in the files section, if you like.

This was part of a crazy odd mid-90s "Make every character sound like Blair but not" scheme. Characters who sound like Blair but can't possibly be show up in the Academy Hanbook (Colonel Lombard!), Voices of War (Jacorski?) and End Run (Phoenix!).

Or the make Angel look like a tramp phase. Lombrad warned about the dangers of romantic entwinement with Angel. I never saw Lombard as Blair, but I did think that Angel must've been two-timing them. :)

Of course at the time most of those books and games came out, we never had a name for Blair, at least on the PC side of the universe. Considering the vents after SM2 and the WC2 Pheonix would have been a good callsign for Blair. I liked the fact the novels didn't have Blair (with the exception of the game & movie novelizations) Ack! Topic drift.

Yeah, it isn't clear (at the time) who is is. At least it wasn't to me, I'm a little slow :) He was good at poker, but his love life sucked. At least that was Hunter's assessment, iirc.

Shane, maybe Angel was involved with Lombard before she met Blair again (heck, 10 years is a long time)... at least, I would hope so :).

I can tell you that the Landreich has 14 systems, and will always have 14 systems <G> Smaller colonies haven't been mapped out yet.
Hmm, come to think of it, how many others do we know of? Apart from the Grovsner Colonies, is there anything else?

The solution? A sector can be named after any system in it -- Enigma Sector is the most popular name, but you can just as easily call it the Gwynedd Sector or the K'Tithrak Mang Sector. This is *especially* useful for the Epsilon Sector -- which was an amalgamation of the previously established Antares and Deneb Sectors.
Clever :). Presumably, this also means that (with the exception of the most important alternative names like Antares or Deneb) there's no need to note all these sector names on the map.

Hmm... well, I guess Ceti Prime needs a location. Since there's so many coreworlds to choose from, I guess it's safe to assume that this one was singled out for its proximity to Gemini... so, how about placing it one jump from either Aquila, Camelot or Mastif?

Near Dallas :) Actually, as far away as possible -- to a place that's unexplored, and that's where the Retros can sufficiently take out a space station and escape unharmed.
A good choice. Hmm, judging from Ghost's comments about the Hebrew meaning of Sheol, either Challenger or Williams quads would do fine (since they both include 'mythical' names).

My impetus is to disregard the other honorifics, because it's partially implied that they are often *followed* by 'nar something'.
Didn't notice that myself, but definitely agreed.

The Munro Route *was* taken into account during the BoT campaign -- it was discussed by Tolwyn and company as being impossible during their briefing <G>
Ah, that's a relief. Been a long time since I read FA.

About Ella and Mylon, the problem in this case is that Spyder uses 'homeworld' (I think... vague memory, it could have been just plain 'home', too), which means that Mylon II is the name of the planet. Of course, Terra is also Sol III, so Mylon II could also be Ella Minora/Majora. Hmm, WCIV was quite specific about all the places in the pilot bios being planet names and not system names, right?

Finally... any word on Gardel yet?

LOAF will deal with Gardel when he feels like it. ;)

I remember we had a (or a few) discussion(s) about Hawk's origins with the choice between Ella Minora and Mylon II. I think we came to the consensus that Hawk might have been born on Mylon II, but after the Kilrathi attack, he took Ella Minora as his residency. Similar to how Blair was born on Earth (or that Pilgrim world, whatever), but chose to stay on Nephele after the War.

Will reply to actual thread sometime at work. Just wanted to throw in some notes I took this morning at home...

WCA Names
Episode 01 - Red & Blue
Sirius System
Episode 02 - The Last One Left
M421A System
Episode 03 - The Most Delicate Instrument
No System Given?
Episode 04 - Word of Honor
Pisces System
Episode 05 - Lords of the Sky
Dioscuri System
Episode 06 - Chain of Command
Seti Beta System
Episode 07 - Expendable
Seti Beta System - Unknown Kilrathi System
Episode 08 - Recreation
Oasis System
Episode 09 - Walking Wounded
No System Given
Episode 10 - On Both Your Houses
Greenhouse System
Episode 11 - Invisible Enemy
Unnamed System, possibly Greenhouse
Episode 12 - The Price of Victory
Unnamed System, on the way to Dolos
Episode 13 - Glory of Sivar
Dolos System

WC3 Names-
Centauri Sector
Elena Sector
Ralston Base
Amber Base
Orsine System (Ren Orsini)
Kentari System?
Leydos System?
Lahmika System?
Ryland System?
Lector System?
Creighton System
Veratek System (1 Confed jp, 2 KL jp)
Makis System

wC1/2 Guide-
HK-Venice jump
Hilthros-Sol jump
William Tell *lost* in double jump.

Crazy WC3 Guide Stuff
Orsini Sector
Tamayo Sector
Locanda Sector
BLackmane Sector
Alcor Sector
Freya Sector
Hyperion Sector
Proxima Sector

Freya-Kilrah jump point?

I remember we had a (or a few) discussion(s) about Hawk's origins with the choice between Ella Minora and Mylon II. I think we came to the consensus that Hawk might have been born on Mylon II, but after the Kilrathi attack, he took Ella Minora as his residency. Similar to how Blair was born on Earth (or that Pilgrim world, whatever), but chose to stay on Nephele after the War.

Just the opposite :) Blair was born on Nephele, lived for a while on Peron (Luyten System?) and then moved back to Nephele after his parents deaths.

I suppose the Ellases are planets in the Ella System -- although it's an odd designation; I can't htink of any other 'Minora/Majora' planets.

However, I do appreciate the fact that this was probably a clever device of the WC4 writers, for two reasons: by having hawk from Ella, his desire to kill Ellan (Ellen?) civilians becomes all the more horrific... and by having Hawk and Panther be from 'opposite' planets, it goes along with their we-disagree-about-everything theme. (Zany romantic notion: Wouldn't it have been great to have gotten a comment about how they were married in WCP?)

Another Tangent: What the hell is wrong with the Mylon System? The furballs take out Mylon II, the Pilgrims take out Mylon III... it's just not a good place to live.

Shane, maybe Angel was involved with Lombard before she met Blair again (heck, 10 years is a long time)... at least, I would hope so.

Hehe -- my take has always been that the guide doesn't really say they were involved... it seems more like Lombard had a crush on her <G>

Hmm, come to think of it, how many others do we know of? Apart from the Grovsner Colonies, is there anything else?

Well, there's Etruria...

Clever. Presumably, this also means that (with the exception of the most important alternative names like Antares or Deneb) there's no need to note all these sector names on the map.

Indeed -- but I'm thinking ahead, to when the map will be more than just a static image.

Hmm, WCIV was quite specific about all the places in the pilot bios being planet names and not system names, right?

WCIV's planet bios were... odd -- Maniac is not from Mars! (This, of course, reinforces the idea that the WCIV bios refer to current place of residence and not their birthplaces.

Finally... any word on Gardel yet?

Ehhh, I was waiting for Johnny to show up and answer that question. But he showed up and didn't answer that question instead.

CHANGES TO BE MADE:

Major Changes-
Move Anchorage/Jakarta to Epsilon Sector.
Change Border Zone to a pre-existing Kilrathi location.
Various New Plains/Landreich jump issues.

Name Changes-
Change "Bernard's Star" to "Bernard's Star/Barnard's Star"
Change "K'Tithrak Mang" to "K'Tithrak Mang/K'tithrak Mang"
Change "Loki VI" to "Loki VI/Loki"
Change "Orsini" to "Orsini/Orsine"
Change "B'Shriss" to "B'shriss"
Change "G'wriss" to "G'wriss/Kr'azna"
Change "Shangrila" to "Shangri La/Shangrila"
Change "T'set mehr" to "T'set mehr/T'set Mehr"

Jump Changes
Jump line from Sol to Bernard's Star.
Jump line from Tau Ceti to Goddard.
Jump line from Goddard to Border Zone.
Jump line from Tesla to Blake.
Jump line from Enigma to Kabla Meth, Ella & Epsilon Prime.
Jump line from Freya to Kilrah.
Jump line from Hell's Kitchen to Venice.

Sector Names-
Centauri Sector
Elena Sector
Yarin Sector -- adjacent to the Facin Sector. Opposite Varni Republic.
Facin Sector -- adjactent to Yarin.
Nanking Sector -- Confed/Kilrathi border.

System Bucket: Kilrathi-
Draga System - Anywhere
Zarnobian System - Anywhere
Karing System - Anywhere
Touring System - Anywhere
Varni System - Anywhere
Wu System - Anywhere
Shata System - Anywhere
Utara System - Anywhere
Gorth System - Anywhere
Sorn System - Anywhere
Ka System - Anywhere
Eyoka System - Anywhere
Oargth System - Anywhere
Bukrag System - Anywhere
Gorath System - Anywhere
Trak'mar System - Anywhere
Val - Anywhere
Som'mers - Anywhere
Kulrag - Anywhere
Volles - Anywhere
Dhores - Anywhere
Khirg - Anywhere
T'Agg A'Bren - Anywhere
Ta'hal - Anywhere
Ja'targk - Anywhere
Dhollas - Anywhere
N'Ryllis - Anywhere
Vharr - Anywhere
Poghath - Anywhere
Tsahl - Anywhere
Omega System - Anywhere (Jump to Bordrav)
Bordrav System - Anywhere (Jump to Omega)
Ujarka System - Vukar Tag Sector
Warhammer System - Vega Sector
Tal'Q System - 1 jump from Kilrah
Dolos System - (WCA Sector)
M421A System - (WCA Sector)
Pisces System - (WCA Sector)
Dioscuri System - (WCA Sector)
Seti Beta System - (WCA Sector), jumps to unnamed Pulsar System
Jakal System - Kilrathi, jumps to Goddard and Terragon.
Terragon System - Kilrathi, jumps to Jakal and Evian.
Evian System - Kilrathi, jumps to Jakal.

System Bucket: The Rest-
Grovsner Colonies - Part of Etruria?
Etruria - Region directly opposite Landreich.
Munro System - Two jumps from Sirius, one jump from Kilrah.
Primus System -- Confed(?), frontier.
Ingraya System -- Confed, Border.
Tangier System -- Confed, anywhere.
Carlin System -- Confed, anywhere.
Oasis System - Neutral (WCA Sector)
Greenhouse System - Confed (WCA Sector)
Etruria -- The region directly opposite from the Landreich.
Yorin System -- formerly Confed, has gone supernova.
Panama System -- Confed, anywhere.
Uruk System -- Confed, anywhere.
New Samarkand System - Confed
New Sydney System - Confed
Muspelheim System - Confed
Hilthros System - 1 jump from Sol.
Gonwyn's Glory System - Confed
Altair System - Confed
Gardel System - Confed
Makis System - Confed
Veratek System -- has one Confed jump point, two Kilrathi jump points.
Leyton Sector (System) - UBW, near Torgo.
Perillia - Confed
Petunia - Confed
Verula - Confed
Ulsima - Confed
Anatic - Confed
Fuma Malo - Confed
Logo - Confed
Astoria - Confed
Megaron - Confed
Isaac System - Jumps to Hom and Irrulan. - TriSystem
Irrulan System -- Jumps to Hom and Isaac. - TriSystem
Hom System - Jumps to Irrulan and Isaac. - TriSystem
Damioyn System - Confed.
Sheol System - Confed, jumps to Baroda. Has unstalbe jump points to unknown locations.
Baroda System - Confed, jumps to Sheol.
Ceti Prime System - Confed.

"Long Jump" -- a 500 parsec jump line that goes from Confed space to the lower portion of the Kilrathi Empire, 4 jumps from Kilrah. Like this: (Jugara)-(Gmarktu)-(Jubara)-(Unnamed)-Kilrah.

"Escape from Kilrah" -- (Kilrah)-(Vuwarg)-(Lushkag)-(Baragh). Baragh also has jumps to "Xsar" and "Rushta".

According to Fleet Action, there are three 'main' routes that the Kilrathi can take from the frontier to Sirius. They are...

Sirius Jump Alpha: 14 jumps to the frontier. Includes: (Sirius)-(UK)-(UK)-(Warsaw)-Rest. Warsaw is *also* two jumps from the frontier. Go figure.
Sirius Jump Beta: 12 jumps to the frontier.
Sirius Jump Delta: 13 jumps to the frontier.

Sirius has another jump (Gamma?) that leads back towards Earth: (Sirius)-(UK)-(UK)-(UK)-Sol

Hari Space: 1,000 abandoned systems -- many of which have not had jumps charted to them (dead planets).
The Hari System is 24 jumps from Kilrah.

(Hell Hole)-(Vordran)-(Unk)-(Unk)-(Unk-Beacon)-(Unk)-(Unk)-(Unk)-(Pagkh)-(Unk)-(Unk)-(Unk)-(Unk)-(Unk)-(Unk)-(Unk)-(SpyShipUnk)-(Unk)-(Unk)-(Unk)-(Hari)

SpyShipUnk has three jumps -- one leading back towards Kilrah.

Wing Commander Prophecy Official Guide: Check characters.
Wing Commandar Armada: Extract 'random' system names?
Privateer Playtesters Guide: Check random things.

Charybis Jumps-

Vega Sector (33): Tamayo, Tali, Cambria, Hell's Kitchen, Delius, Seggalion, Loki VI, Mylon, Nephele, Gimle, Pephedro, Dieno, McAuliffe, K'n'Rek, K'n'Meth, Hawkins, N'Dele, Enyo, Alcor, Brimstone, Eddings, Proxima, Gateway, Xanadu, Hubble's Star, Port Hedland, Planck's Star, Chang-Cu, Dakota, Freya, Krissth, Tartarus, Baird's Star

Trkpahn Sector (3): Maginot, Roche, Sakah Trk'

Gemini Sector (4): Pentonville, Aldebran, Hind's Variable N., XXN-1927

Sol Sector (37): 61 Cygni, Agdes, Alpha Centauri, Alpha Tauri, Aquila, Asylum, Beacon, Bernard's Star, Canarus, E-Erandi, E-Indi, Ella, Eta Carinae, Faith, Gjovik, Leonis, Mastif, Mauer, Miyaira, Morone, Newbauer, Polaris, Procyon, Ross 194, Ross 34G, Ross 345, Sirius, Tikopal, Timonen, Tingville, Todd, Wattenberger, Weslyn, Wolf 359, Zera Orionis, Sol, Grimstad

Enigma Sector (18): Pournelle, Piper, Telamon, Gibson, VOnnegut, Clarke, Foster, Salayna, Sterling, Callimachus, Axius, Hillerman, Novaya Kiev, Speardon, Pembroke, Irving, Crichton, Brin

Epsilon (16): Chanel, Epsiilon Prima, Ayers, T'lan Meth, Valgard, Bifrost, Bifrost -> Unknown (down) -> Unknown (up) -> Unknown (Left), Silenos, Canwedon, Tas Mahrahn, Masa, QUal'lat, Torgo, Goddard, Orsini, Morpheus

Other issues --
Wanted: List of 'alternate' sector names.

Enigma Sector -- aka Gwynedd Sector, Niven Sector, K'Tithrak Mang Sector
Epsilon Sector -- aka Antares Sector, aka Firekka Sector, aka Deneb Sector
{Check on WC3 Sectors}

Orsini Sector
Tamayo Sector
Locanda Sector
BLackmane Sector
Alcor Sector
Freya Sector
Hyperion Sector
Proxima Sector

Leyton Sector, End Run Sectors, etc... look it all up when done.

Mark Pilgrim Systems? (Check Pilgrim Stars if I choose to do this)

What's in Phase III?
- Special jump lines marked. (Pulsar, large versus small, etc)
- Jump lines labelled.
- Star types, # of planets, types of planets labelled.
- Spatial anomalies marked -- nebulas, clusters, etc.
- The route of the Olympus, marked? Steltek stuff?

I suppose the Ellases are planets in the Ella System -- although it's an odd designation; I can't htink of any other 'Minora/Majora' planets.

Maybe it's a twin planet system, with Ella Minora in orbit of Ella Majora? (Much like the Earth/Moon, as the moon is much too big for a normal satellite, but with both habitable.) I've seen that designation system used in other sci-fi for twin planets. It would also explain why it's so rare.

(Zany romantic notion: Wouldn't it have been great to have gotten a comment about how they were married in WCP?)

No it wouldn't, cause Panther's mine. :D

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Raptor

Maybe it's a twin planet system, with Ella Minora in orbit of Ella Majora? (Much like the Earth/Moon, as the moon is much too big for a normal satellite, but with both habitable.) I've seen that designation system used in other sci-fi for twin planets. It would also explain why it's so rare.

As well as Pluto and Charon, there is no reason why a planet can't have larger moons. Hell, Saturn's Titan is bigger than the moon.

Back