More LEGOs

Haliwali

Spaceman
Decided to try my hand at building lego ships, so I'm spending my Saturday afternoon working on Capship minis. Here's the rough draft of the Murphy, I'll post more when I have them.

murphy.jpg

Attachments

• murphy.jpg
    murphy.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 87
Last edited by a moderator:
Cost of a Murphy destroyer: $1.90
Cost of a Ranger carrier: $4.01
Owning a fleet: Priceless

Attachments

• ranger.jpg
    ranger.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 92
They're really cool - how I love Lego!

And to answer the news question: I think Durango, Ralari and Sha'kar are the ones. :)

Edit: Forgot the Venture.

What software are you using to do this? I think it would be cool to have some larger models, too.

Hmm...I'll probably end up starting with the Plunkett. (this could get expensive)

*nevermind, I found the software*

What software are you using to do this? I think it would be cool to have some larger models, too.

Hmm...I'll probably end up starting with the Plunkett. (this could get expensive)

*nevermind, I found the software*

I've got a Plunkett mini around here somewhere, and I'll try to get the full fleet up as soon as possible.

Attachments

• plunk.jpg
    plunk.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 82
  • fleet.jpg
    fleet.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 107
If possible I could post the file with all the ships in it, then if you want a ship you can pick whatever you want. Now I just need to convert TacOps from a hex game to a tabletop format...
Anyway, here are all the ships I've created so far, by type-

EDIT: can't remember if the Tarawa had a fly-through hangar. Help?

Attachments

• carriers.jpg
    carriers.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 108
  • cruise.jpg
    cruise.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 110
  • trans.jpg
    trans.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 104
  • destroy.jpg
    destroy.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 104
A little too mini on a few of those...Are you going to scale up?
I may make a few larger models, but this kinda works for my plan of a TacOps conversion.

Hmm....I don't know that we actually know whether the Tarawa-type ships were fly through or not.

Just an aside, I have decided to start building a Plunkett with the stock program: http://www.crius.net/zone/showthread.php?t=24602

Btw, did you know about the view mode (it even has a space background)?

Yup, I just decided to keep the grid to keep things easier to see.

EDIT: can't remember if the Tarawa had a fly-through hangar. Help?

From the descriptions in ER/FA/FC (I discount the Eder's Standoff model because they sort of needed to make it fly through for the Vision engine), the Tarawa does not have a fly through hangar. Near the end of ER when the Tarawa is battling Thrakhath (right before Concordia shows up) a Sartha stations itself in front of the entry way and proceeds to unleash round after round into the hangar that slam into the bulkhead at the rear of the bay.

Bear also notes the disadvantage of the configuration in ER when he talks about new carriers have 2, 3 even 4 launch bays.

From the descriptions in ER/FA/FC (I discount the Eder's Standoff model because they sort of needed to make it fly through for the Vision engine), the Tarawa does not have a fly through hangar. Near the end of ER when the Tarawa is battling Thrakhath (right before Concordia shows up) a Sartha stations itself in front of the entry way and proceeds to unleash round after round into the hangar that slam into the bulkhead at the rear of the bay.

Bear also notes the disadvantage of the configuration in ER when he takes about new carriers have 2, 3 even 4 launch bays.

That's what I thought. The main reason I asked was the Standoff model kind of threw me off when I saw it.

Back