Mission 9 question

Ijuin

Admiral
In mission 9, how many fighters total do you have to face at the jump point (prior to the endless waves of Squid that appear if you take too long, that is)? Is it a specific number or is it just "generate new waves till the Avenger comes back through the jump point"?

There are specific waves. We generally don't use random waves in UE.

Upon arrival:
2 Mantas
4 Morays

After 60 seconds:
2 Mantas

After 60 seconds:
5 Morays

After 60 seconds:
2 Devil Rays

After 60 seconds:
6 Morays

Soon afterwards, the Avenger returns. So, if you cope with each wave fast enough, you can actually squeeze in a bit of capship defanging, which makes killing this particular Hydra in mission 10 easier.

And, aside from running like a pussy, is there any other way to cope with/get around the squids? I mean, my method was just to kick in my burners and run like a chicken, but, perhaps there's something else?

Kill all of the fighters before the squid waves start or kill all squids present before a new wave appears and engage the auto pilot asap. Save on missiles for the devil rays and the last wave of morays and it should be fairly easy.
That run like a pussy tactic is actually a cheat (that I first found BTW ;) )

Keep bugging me, though, and one day I'll release a mission.tre patch that will make it possible to run away properly (ie., where the Squids actually disappear off your radar and stuff). Given how many people seem to encounter infinite Squids, this is definitely one of the weakest bits of UE mission design.

Back