Mission 7A - Contains plot spoilers

jammyo2k

Spaceman
Well I've got as a far as mission 7A. This is the scariest and most intense WCP type action yet. Nightmare actually lives up to its name, which makes a change from the last few years of playing WCP and SO. UE is fantastic!

But I'm having big problems with the end of 7A. How am I meant to get around the problems with the controls and the strange and evil bouys which control your ship?

Hehe you can blame me for this mission, I programmed it. Anyway the trick is to find the correct buoy, once you know which one is the jamming buoy you can attack that one first just fly right to it guns and missiles ablazing, the jamming will cease and you'll be able to take out the bugs normally.

Does anyone else feel a certain WC4 influence in this game?
Hehe, you're a git Pedro, you know that? :D

Thanks

Originally posted by Pedro
Hehe you can blame me for this mission, I programmed it. Anyway the trick is to find the correct buoy, once you know which one is the jamming buoy you can attack that one first just fly right to it guns and missiles ablazing, the jamming will cease and you'll be able to take out the bugs normally.

Ah, that is for loosers. Kill all ships fist for a little challenge :-P

BTW: or some reason I always hit the right buoy on the first try if I killed all ships before, but it is always the lest or second last one if I try it in fight...

Yeah, damn it when something is neutral you leave it alone

Dunno if you ever noticed but the bugs attack jump buoys too

Originally Posted by Quatro
It's not useful, it's the AI being stupid.

But then the bugs are desperately stupid and their attacking of the buoys makes the mission actually possible on Nightmare.
The terrible nephilim AI is made really obvious after fighting the kilrathi earlier on. Even a Dralthi is enough to make you scared, and the Gratha's habit of dropping mines right in front of you is terrifying.

Originally posted by cff
Ah, that is for loosers. Kill all ships fist for a little challenge :-P

Truer words have never been spoken. I was too busy shooting and being shot to even think "Hey kill the buoys instead." I just love it when WC4 ideas are overdone like a tacky cliche, lol!

Originally posted by jammyo2k
But then the bugs are desperately stupid and their attacking of the buoys makes the mission actually possible on Nightmare.
The terrible nephilim AI is made really obvious after fighting the kilrathi earlier on. Even a Dralthi is enough to make you scared, and the Gratha's habit of dropping mines right in front of you is terrifying.

Hehe, I must say there's been many a time I had to get used to Gratha mine-drop tactics before I was able to complete a mission, but an angled attack with a small burn while passing to the rear of it typically avoids that fallout. Dangerous stuff guys, I really like it! :D

Originally posted by Antix
Hehe, I must say there's been many a time I had to get used to Gratha mine-drop tactics before I was able to complete a mission, but an angled attack with a small burn while passing to the rear of it typically avoids that fallout. Dangerous stuff guys, I really like it!
Yeah, the Gratha were always my favouritest part of the Kilrathi missions in UE. It's just such great fun to dogfight against the Gratha. But I love the Salthi, too - you charge them head-on, thinking you can kill them before they even scratch you, and then one of them fires a DF. Painful ;).

Back