Mission 3

Save the space station from being destroyed. Also save the Dauntess and if possible the Kilrathi Capship as well.

More specifically, in any mission where you need to defend a friendly (Beaufort Station, the Dauntless, or the Fralthi), you should always concentrate on the torpedo-carrying craft. Against Barracudas you should launch a dumbfire and full guns to take them down quickly, and you should also try to take down the Red Mantas as quickly as you can. Don't worry about the Morays or the regular blue Mantas--they don't carry torps. However, DO also focus on any Stingrays that appear before they can combine and start using their big plasma cannon.

but how? is my question, by the time you turn round from nav 1 to get back to the two cap ships it's already too late!

Oh, this is mission 2 you're talking about (crazy UE mission numbering, sorry :p). If you find that it's already too late when you return to the Dauntless, that means that you took too long to kill the fighters at nav 1. You simply have to work faster. Some tips - when you first arrive at nav 1, target the nearest Dralthi and gun him down in a head-on pass. You should probably get out of this pass with only minor armour damage, but don't worry if you take more damage than that. Second step is to kill the other Dralthi, either using your guns, or with HS missiles. Finally, get onto the Gratha. Just get on their tail and watch out for the mines.

You see,in this particular mission you fly out of kilrathi cap ship in a kilrathi fighter having taken over the cap ship in previous mission.Your aim is to find the other kilrathi cap ship.You fly to nave one in search of it,when you finally get to nav one [you have to fly manually you can't "auto" your way there]you recieve a distress call from your cap ship so you turn round and burn to your cap ship but before you arrive it's too late .Your cap ships destroyed and you looose the mission.Can someone please replay this mission 2 i think,so they know what I'm talking about?

Did your capships take extremely heavy damage in Missions 0-2? Also it might help to use the Banshee in this mission as the Stromfire that is replenished again and again rocks. Also don't use any ordenance on saving the transports. Those are only secondary objectives.

Karl, he's talking about mission 2, not 3 :).

stephen1056: You definitely can fly on autopilot both to and from nav 1. It's just that on your way back, you have to kill all the fighters at nav 1 first, before the autopilot option is enabled.

(originally, I did actually want this to be that kind of mission where you have to fly back on afterburners instead of autopiloting, but we eventually decided to go with the more traditional approach)

Thank you Quarto ,I think you solved it for me and thanks for everyone else who tried to help me.Makes me feel kinda worm and fuzzy inside!

Ya. Mission 2 isn't actually that tough, the actual nasty issue is the trigger-happy pack of Salthi in the initial pass. You have to kill a BUNCH of them quickly - my favourite trick is if an asteroid spawns just to the side of the pack, with a quick move I can usually get 2-3 of them to hit it. Of course that means already being close to them - the rocks make good cover for that though!

Back