Minimum specs

Child

Spaceman
Hey guys,

I've been doing some searches on min req for the game both this one and Vega strike and not finding much in the way of min req, other then 600 mhz cpu.

Heres the problem, The game loads just fine but the game seems to crawl. Moving the mouse takes a good 3 secs for the mouse to begin moving... The only way to describe it, is that the cpu's are maxed out. It kinda reminds me of attempting to play priv on a 286 machine, lol

Here are my specs:

Duel 900 mhz cpus
256 megs mem
Windows XP (the linux machine is too weak to power this game :(
Diamond Steath 32 meg pci card (which is basicly an ATI graphics card with the diamond name attached to it)
Quattro USB audio card

The system has all the latest drivers and I have changed the graphics settings quite a bit... The only thing I can tell you is that the lower I set the detail the better it runs, BUT the game still crawls and is unplayable.

If I had to guess I would say that the game is not using the Graphics card to render graphics like it should... Does this use OpenGL to render... If so, anyone know where I can pick it up for an ATI card?

You need to download OpenGL for your box...
you need to go to www.ati.com and make sure you have the catalyst 4.9 or 4.11 (4.10 is just horribly, horribly broken)

other than that your system will run it without breaking a sweat
So you must be using software emulation drivers...which come with windows (MS likes to try to kill off OpenGL...so they include really slow drivers from 1995 by default). If you want me to tell you for sure, then you have to paste the lines with GL_EXT_
in them... and GL_ARB_
in bin/stderr.txt
but that's my first and most probable guess
you've got a way better system than my mac...and the mac can play it just fine

Thanks Guys... I did go into my driver and found that the 3D graphics were disabled... lol

If I had to guess I would say that the game is not using the Graphics card to render graphics like it should... Does this use OpenGL to render... If so, anyone know where I can pick it up for an ATI card?

This got me thinking and double checked the hardware settings... Presto! The games runs rather smoothly.. All though the audio is a little coppy but that has to do with my audio card drivers... (Top of the line my ass! $300 later qbase runs great but nothing else works.. lol)

Let me know if you guys want a some help overhauling the music. Thats deffinetly something that I can help with should you need it.

So far the game is now running great! I love the fact that I can use the "OLD" priv view or by pressing F1 I can get a new and improved view...

Thanks again everyone.

Child said:
I love the fact that I can use the "OLD" priv view or by pressing F1 I can get a new and improved view...
Am I the only one who flies in the original cockpits???
:)

Back