Midway Vs. Vesuvius

Re: ship names...

How could you not like a ship named after the most baddest-a**ed guard dog in all of history? (Cerberus)
smile.gif

Seriously, while many of the names aren't like those of earlier games, earlier games were primarily showing military ships (though there was that one Clydesdale transport Momma's Boy...), whereas many of the names in WCP/WCSO are for civilian ships, who wouldn't generally be given martial-type names.

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Midway's a kewl name. Have they named all battles of WWII to a WC ship??

ie TCS Coral Sea ect...ect...

------------------
WiLDD KaRDD

UBW-5th Fleet-Black Ops

[This message has been edited by WiLDD KaRDD (edited January 08, 2000).]

That is true.

They make names peaceful like that to show 'mainly' civilians the 'elegance' (I didn't know Midway's were elegant
biggrin.gif
) and so-called 'passiveness' of the carrier. Not only that but people like something which sounds familiar.
(ie OT: The first commercial pod to be built on the ISS is to be name 'Enterprise')

wink.gif

------------------
"To take one step forward, you must look back three steps... and walk forward while looking back... "

Ummm the Battle of Midway was a battle so it isn't like the peaceful names.

TC

------------------
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Damn Straight
smile.gif

------------------

Just testing my new sig.

TC

------------------
Member of the Blacklance HQ

[This message has been edited by TC (edited January 09, 2000).]

TCS Earthworm he he. An Earthworm class Dreadnought. The most powerfull ship in the Confederation

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

I'm not too fussed about what my ship's called. I just care about what name my squadron has. Let the fleeties whine about their cap ship names.

Back