Microsoft Flight Announced (August 17, 2010)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Wing Commander fans are all keenly aware that flight and space simulators have fallen off over the last few years. One of the big blows to the genre was the discontinuation of Microsoft Flight Simulator after X was released in 2006. However at the Gamescom convention today in Germany, Microsoft announced the series' successor, Microsoft Flight. Very few details have been announced, but the game will clearly cater to a less hardcore sim player. The internet is already raging back and forth about what this means for the franchise, but the real question is: will it let you fly a 737?

--
Original update published on August 17, 2010

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris Reid said:
One of the big blows to the genre was the discontinuation of Microsoft Flight Simulator after X was released in 2006.

I remember that. Didn't pretty much everyone in the Flight Simulator division get canned? How are they going to rebuild from that?

I remember that. Didn't pretty much everyone in the Flight Simulator division get canned? How are they going to rebuild from that?

They don't want to build a sequel to Flight Sim X or what the former MS Aces team would have made. They want a fresh direction and feel.

Flight Simulator X for the most part was like Flight Simulator 2004 with some changes. I hope Microsoft Flight will be better. We need a Flight Simulator that takes advantage of powerful computers. :cool: :D

Back