Merchants' needs and Dynamic economy

*Kowtows before Klauss*

But really IF you can do this it would put PrivR (more likely a WCU project) in the top 1% of all games in its genre. A major element that the orginal was missing (game play not GFX) was a good economic model. Combined with a compelling faction system Priv would be complete. Hmm a new project possabliity. PrivR Expanded, improved (3D) bases/cockpits, completely revamped economic and faction system, multiplayer, but not WCU cap ships, military campaign, etc...

Sorry if my post is a little less coherint that usual, Im quite inebriated ATM.

Well, help with WCU, then remove the cap ships? :) Now that the project has been forked I have to admit that I am generally in favor of Priv Remake being faithful to the original as much as it's practical (only a little better, of course ;) )

Which is why right now my plan for WCU was "cram as much as possible that is WC into it" -- make a dynamic but stable universe, and then tweak it to need.

Sorry, I just moved. My privious domicile didn't allow alcohol (room mates parents moing in, long story). In my new abode alcohol is double plus good, and as a matter of coincidence (another long story) its the only item in the fridge.

klauss said:
Expanding on the previous post, remember Freelancer. Wasn't it a lot easier to find profitable routes if Freelancer? Just because the computer did the work of keeping track of prices.

Now, I don't want exactly that because it doesn't account for the possibility that you don't care about prices. What I mean, Freelancer made it too easy. But, if instead of noting all prices automatically, one had a button to note a specific (or a set of) prices, and a notepad to note other stuff (like news, interesting bits, you know), but in a quick way (not having to retype everything or, as you say in paper, rewrite).

This way, if you neglect price watching, you won't have the best routes. But if you do your homework, you will.

I KNOW ALL THAT CAN BE ACCOMPLISHED WITH PEN AND PAPER.

But, think of it as the Nav Map. You can also draw your own maps, find your own routes. Why would you need a map in the computer?
Take out the nav map now, since it's redundant.

Well, I think not.

That's the idea I was trying to convey on notepads.

If you still don't get it, forget about whether the idea suits you or not. I just need some help in implementing it myself.

hi,
I think this could make for a difuculty option, on the easist level we could have an in game PDA that recomends comodoties to bring on a mission, and what missions to take to get you the most profitable runs..with each difuculty option giving less help.
-Upyr1

I created a spreadsheet that I find helpful; I've highlighted the best trades (on a per unit as opposed to percentage basis... thus it's more useful after the very initial period of the game, when you don't have much cash).

PM me with your email address if you'd like it (can't post XLS or ZIP files).

Back