Melek's Surrender

AD said:
I find it funny that, even though the pr version was that the cd's used for the PC version were smaller and so they had to drop the scenes, that they didn't re-include them for the kilrathi saga version.

Never seen this speech. Where can I find it?

Hobbes defection was very emotional for me. WC3 was the first game of the series that I had played, and it didn't make sense to me that a Kilrathi pilot was flying with Confed. I never liked the Kat either, but I sort of reserved judgement about him. I thought maybe there was some valid reason that I had never heard for Blair trusting him. I also assumed that the game was intending to send a moral message of some kind, so I simply put up with Blair reinstating him onto the flight roster and defending Hobbes even though the wingmen didn't like or trust him. I was just shocked and outraged when I saw that Hobbes defected and killed Cobra. I still have strong negative emotions about Hobbes that have carried through to the times I've played the game again since experiencing it for the first time.

Well, Hobbes is pretty much the only one who trusted Blair when everyone still called him 'the coward of K'Tithrak Mang'. That's why he was such a good friend to Blair.

Confed said:
Actually, Prince Thrakath calls the plan when they "the message" to Confed "the trigger".
After you see the missing holovid scene, this name makes perfect sence as the message contains the words "Heart of the Tiger", wich is the trigger to restore Hobbes' true personality.
I think it belonged in the game. But then, I'd have also preferred to have Blair's final speech before the run on Kilrah included.

And if you're watching Hobbe's reaction during the scene, his eyes light up during Thrakhath's little speech.

Never got to see Hobbes' final message to Blair, never got to see Blair's final message to his wingmen :(. Although I was always puzzled by the fact that I always lost a wingman during each leg of the Kilrah/T-Bomb mission. I'd turn off smart targeting, lock onto the 'main' wingman for the mission and just watch them spontaneously blow up. Never understood why that happened, but it kind of make sense if I never got to see Blair's final speech...In fact I never got to see the extra news reports either. I feel cheated.

Fruitcake said:
Well, Hobbes is pretty much the only one who trusted Blair when everyone still called him 'the coward of K'Tithrak Mang'. That's why he was such a good friend to Blair.

Maybe that's because the cat bastard thought Blair actually was responsible for the Claw's destruction.

Fruitcake said:
Thanks Chris, but I've seen the holo-explanation already but not the speech Blair has before his attack on Kilrah which was referenced before (if it exists).
Blair's speech is on the last game CD, you can play it with that WC video player in the files section of the WC CIC site. But sadly, there's no sound , but here's what he says : "REFUELING DEPOT - BLAIR

CONDITION: Scene plays only IF Blair still has one or more surviving wingmen.

THROUGH A WINDOW, WE CAN SEE THE SPARTAN SETUP OF THE REFUELING DEPOT - - AND A COUPLE OF EXCALIBURS.

BLAIR STEPS INTO THE DEPOT . . . HE FACES ONE OR MORE REMAINING WINGMEN . . .

BLAIR:
(beat)
I read somewhere that the darkest of times supposedly brings out the best in men.
(shrugs)
All I know is this is what we've been waiting for since the very beginning - the opportunity to put the Kilrathi out of business permanently.

BLAIR HESITATES A BEAT, THEN CONTINUES WITH:

IF HOBBES IS HUNTED DOWN ALREADY:

BLAIR:
What else can I tell you? I want you to fly with all you've got.

IF HOBBES IS STILL ALIFE:

BLAIR
Oh, and one last thing. Should we encounter one Lord Ralgha . . . Hobbes . . .
(beat)
. . . he's mine. Good luck."

I think angel's death put me in a sad mood for the rest of the game. I do have to say the only moment that's worse is when you realize the game is over, and you can't play anymore.

-Rance-

I voted for Spirit's death, but in a morbid way I remember I was also a little bit happy that I didn't have to actually torpedo the station.

Back