Melek for sale !

Somebody placed a bid on it.
Somebody who collects "Living Dead" DVDs and sells fake SNES roms.
Watch the plot thicken in just 13 hours.

It's just neodevilbane, and there's a reserve, so nobody's planning to purchase the thing yet.

Bandit LOAF said:
NDB's keepin' it real, yo. Why you be hatin'? WHY?

Does he even HAVE $9000 to dump on a head whose reserve price is higher than that? :D

I'm feeling like I'm watching the blind leading the clueless right about now...

Did anything happen? Is Loaf playing San Andreas? Are the Ents and the Kilrathi related? Is the Iron Giant a runaway from Sky Captain?

Edfilho said:
Are the Ents and the Kilrathi related?

Well, actually the kilrathi used to clean their paws on the kilrah-ents. Thats how they dissapeared you know. :p

Does he even HAVE $9000 to dump on a head whose reserve price is higher than that?

Maybe he sold that comb they let him keep when he got out of jail?

I'm feeling like I'm watching the blind leading the clueless right about now...

The blind leading the clueless is a proper description of the entire Wing Commander community. :)

It's over, reserve not met. I'm starting to wonder if somebody's pulling somebody else's leg - a zero transaction vendor is offering something for an outrageous price (on the same day he registered his ebay account) and gets a valiant bid from someone even more outrageous, who can be almost sure that he won't meet the reserve if he only bids the 9k. Propaganda scam?

You can't win an auction without meeting the reserve.

But yeah, my guess is it's either someone who doesn't really want to part with the cat head unless it goes for lots and lots of money... or some kind of insurance thing.

Do we know where the heads/masks for the wc3 kilrathi went? They are much nicer to the eye and I would wager be worth more than that god aweful Melek head. Is there a reason they didn't just reuse the wc3 head? It looked great and really went along with what the wc2 gfx showed us of them, although in a physical form.

Chris was apparently never happy with how the Kilrathi looked - which is why they were redone for WC4 and then the movie.

The WC3 Kilrathi also weren't great -- they look passable shot on video and then super-compressed... and when not interacting with human actors... but they wouldn't have worked at all on film in WCIV, working in all-human scenes/sets (they don't look very good on WC3's video dalies, even).

Origin guys have most of them. Joe Garrity has Hobbes and one of the background non-animatronic heads... I saw Thrakhath once, and he was in bad shape. I don't recall who has any of the others... for some reason I'm thinking Stretch Williiams (former Origin sound guy) has one.

Back