Masters of orion 2

Nightstalker

Spaceman
I know it's an old game but i was wondering if anybody knew of any mods for masters of orion 2 that would coincide with wing commander like a ship set or races or anything if you could help me it would be greatly appreciated thanks.

I can't say I know of any. But on the...5th? Of December, or somewhere around there, MoO3 is coming out. When that does, people will probably make more mods for things like that. At least, I'm hoping!

Yeah, i played a bit of MOO3 and it looks great a bit too complicated but it seems pretty cool

Masters Of Orion?

A space-Strategy.Looks very little to WCArmada, but ofcourse more advanced.

I got Moo2.I didnt know that there will be Moo3 !

P.S. Hope its more difficult that 2

"Moo 2"... the sequel to last year's award-winning cow simulator!

...Just kidding :). I haven't actually played number 2, but I still go back and play the original every once in a while. Along with Colonisation and the original Pirates!, it's right up there in my most-replayable games list. Or it would be, if I ever bothered to make such a list.

Never played the original.It had pirates ?? In 2 you fight only against other mysterious other races..

Oh! It got a race called "Bulrathi" they look like Kilrathi a bit.
It also has a "Kilrathi" race.It has Cats!!

I like the original much more than I like number 2.
And pirate attacks never involved combat. You'd just get a message saying that X amount of money had been lost to pirate attacks, or something like that, as a random event.

No, If pirates attacks some of your solar systems, you must send X warships to destroy them or they will plunder your money untuil they are destroyed

There is a WC mod for MOO2. I have it, and I'll post it shortly here for you.

Also, Quarto was talking about 2 games called Pirates and Colonization (with a 'z', mind you) both by Microprose, not the fact that there are pirate attacks in the MOO series.

I have known about THAT mod for a looooong time.

Little note with the news post: you can only play as Humans or Kilrathi, not the Firekkans or Nephilihem. Besides, in all the time ive played that mod, i have not once EVER seen a nephilhiem ship...
Also, the ships dont have proper weapons. EG. the concordia has alot of fighters and bombers, but only 2 miserable turrets and NO PTC. The claw only has about 6 lasers (sad...).
One last thing: research is lousy as it is set so you can only research a couple of new things, and the cats steal your tech. faster than anything before, even the Darlocks.
Lastly, its almost impossible (without cheating) to beat the cats before they titan-rush you with ships... its clearly unballanced.
my advice: get it, only if your a seasoned MoO2 player.

Originally posted by Ghost
The cat race is the M´rshan and the Bulrathi are some bear alike race

They remind me of the Kilrathi...They are fat and ugly and hairy and with big teeth :)

Originally posted by Newcommanderondablock
Little note with the news post: you can only play as Humans or Kilrathi, not the Firekkans or Nephilihem. Besides, in all the time ive played that mod, i have not once EVER seen a nephilhiem ship...

Dude, that's the worst spelling of Nephilim that I've ever seen...

Back