Maps

Kalki

Spaceman
I just downloaded Privateer Remake last night and got to play for an hour and a half. Thank you for remaking this awesome game. Privateer is the gold standard by which I judge every other space shooter. I still have the original doc and maps. It appears that the map of the Humboldt Sector (wherein Troy System resides) does not match the original map. Have you altered the Privateer Universe or am I missing something? Also, you should really consider offering maps as part of the PDF Manual or on-line. The uninitiated may have some difficulty figuring out where the different systems are located in relation to each other and what routes must be taken to travel between sectors.

Kalki said:
I just downloaded Privateer Remake last night and got to play for an hour and a half. Thank you for remaking this awesome game. Privateer is the gold standard by which I judge every other space shooter. I still have the original doc and maps. It appears that the map of the Humboldt Sector (wherein Troy System resides) does not match the original map. Have you altered the Privateer Universe or am I missing something?
Note that the map defaults to a top down 2d view. Toggle to a top down orthogonal view by pressing the 2d/ortho/3d button once. It should then look a lot closer to the original. Note that you have to do this seperately for system and galaxy maps.. press 'up' then '2d/ortho/3d'.

All the system connections are the same. We are thinking about how to make maps purchasable as in the original.

it's possible we flubbed some of the connections.
The prophecy map I think had a few errors.
Feel free to "report any disturbances" ;-)

hellcatv said:
it's possible we flubbed some of the connections.
The prophecy map I think had a few errors.
I know.. I corrected a couple.

I am 99% certain that gemini at least is correct. Almost certain enough to bet a kidney.

I know this will sound stupid, but how do I acess the maps in the game? I have the playtester's guide, but I'd like to see them in game.

hit shift-M
we're thinking of changing it to be the 'n' key like in privateer
then you could only toggle through nav points with cntrl-n and shift-control n
would that be ok? or would it cause too many near-misses, bringing up the nav map instead of the nav point

it's really ok as it is.

you'll cycle through targets more than turn map on/off.

might as well keep the larger key combos for the lesser used stuff.

-scheherazade

Back