Map glitch

SoulSkorpion

Spaceman
Hi. I've noticed an error in the the universe map. In Gemini sector, Humboldt quadrant, this map shows a jump line between Troy and Pollux. That's incorrect - the jump line is between Troy and War in Farris quadrant instead. That's how it is in Privateer, and I notice that in the published map that's how it is too. While we're at it, Pollux doesn't have a jump line to War either. Pollux is one of those irritating dead-end systems.

I wouldn't ordinarilly nitpick something like this (actually, I lie - I probably would), but it's a bit more important since the Gemini map is actually very useful for ingame, even more so because the jump line crosses quadrant boundaries, and the ingame nav computer's sector map only shows one quadrant at a time so it's not always obvious where jump lines lead when they are cross-quadrant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bandit LOAF said:
Howdy,
Wedge spotted this a while back

Hehe... I did manage to dig up a thread mentioning it, but it seemed to be a year old. Just a nudge.

it should be fixed in the 'full sized' map image.
Ah, so it is. I guess I could crop it to just Gemini to print... or I could dig out the version I drew up a few years back.

I knew it wasn't you, 'canon' was spelled with 3 'n's :) Well that and the post said LeHah next to it.

And to be fair, it appears I wasn't talking about your full WCU map (did it exist yet?). Reviewing the thread, it seems I was talking about some random Gemini map that someone linked to. Unfortunately the error in it later snuck into the full WCU map here as well. But I am glad it is fixed :D

"Jump points from Armada"? Eh? Didn't know any places from Armada were any "real" sectors.

Funny thing about armada - all systems have exactly one planet, all fighters are equipped with jump drives that don't need refuelling, and fights can mysteriously take place "between" two systems should one squadron jump to the enemy's system at the same time as the enemy jump to theirs. Hmm...

Armada has eleven 'set' sectors (in the campaign mode)... and then a series of sequential systems in the gauntlet mode.

Bandit LOAF said:
Armada has eleven 'set' sectors (in the campaign mode)... and then a series of sequential systems in the gauntlet mode.

I know. I just don't remember any of the sectors being Gemini. *shrug*

That's how it is in Privateer, and I notice that in the published map that's how it is too.
Published map is also missing a jump line from Eden to Rikel or is that a easter egg thing?

The Eden-Rikel jump line is a "secret" in Righteous Fire - it's not on the in game maps, which is probably why Johnny didn't know about it.

SoulSkorpion said:
I know. I just don't remember any of the sectors being Gemini. *shrug*
None of them were I think.. I just happened to post something about a map of Gemini in a thread that had started off being about Armada maps, and I guess LeHah got confused.

Back