Mandarin

Fellentos

Spaceman
The Mandarins have bothered me for a while. I mean why would you help the Kilrathi against the Confederation? They would have been treated as slaves or even executed if the Kilrathi would have conquered the humans, wouldn't they?

Don't get me wrong, I really liked the WC2 Jazz plot (eventhough it's never said he's Mandarin himself) because he just wanted to get rid of the people who abandoned his brother. But I don't think that the Mandarin would all have similar motives to go against the Confederation itself.

Fellentos said:
Don't get me wrong, I really liked the WC2 Jazz plot (eventhough it's never said he's Mandarin himself)

Yeah, it pretty much is. He talks about giving away the names of the secret Mandarin leaders while he's begging for his life, and he taunts Minx after bringing the Morningstar to the Mandarins. In doing so, he says Minx isn't not really a Mandarin, and he says he's guaranteed a position in the post-war Kilrathi regime thanks to his Mandarin accomplishments ("Please– Call me “Jazz”. I’m afraid you’re only hired help, Captain. Not a sworn Mandarin. I’ve loyally served the Kilrathi for over ten years. Prince Thrakhath himself awarded me with a Kilrathi medal. If you became more involved in our cause, there could be a place for you as well, Captain."). And I guess that goes to the root of your question. The Mandarins have been promised good things after the war, though of course, we can easily assume that the Kilrathi would not have spared the Mandarins after the Confederation was gone.

The Mandarins don't have any love for the Kilrathi, but they think Confed is going about things all wrong. They believe that the only way to "conquer" the Kilrathi is to admit them into our society and integrate them. Just like the ancient Mandarins did.

never thouth of it that way

but then again I've never really played WC II, only 2 Missions of it (the 1st ones)

Back