Man of Vision: Multiplayer Added to Prophecy (March 5, 2006)

MajorCamKollent said:
Would it be possible to have a multiplayer campaign?

This was already answered by HCl earlier in the thread. Both more elaborate competitive/cooperative missions and integration into campaigns such as Standoff will be designed in the future, but they will not be an option for the initial release.

Cpl Hades said:
Akkbar actually did a Prophecy multiplayer patch april fool joke on WCHS in 1998. He was pretty widely hated after that.

I'll believe this multiplayer patch when I see it, being released on 1st of April just seems a tad dodgey.

To clarify: the first version *will* be released in April, but *not* on April 1st for a good number of reasons, the most obvious of which being people interpreting the patch as a joke.

I knew there would be doubts about the authenticity of the patch.. Not much i can do about that i suppose.

HCl said:
To clarify: the first version *will* be released in April, but *not* on April 1st for a good number of reasons, the most obvious of which being people interpreting the patch as a joke.

I knew there would be doubts about the authenticity of the patch.. Not much i can do about that i suppose.

Cheers mate, clears up a bit!

Lord-Flasheart said:
I've only been here about *Looks at watch* four and a half seconds, still don't know everything :D.
Only the more reason not to doubt stuff that people say. :)
Delance, you're screwed. There aren't any good joysticks for good prices here. I wanna buy a new one, but a Logitech Freedom (an average cordless one) is priced at about 300 Reais. WE are screwed.

I currently have my suncom f-22 replica stick here, in combination with my old quickshot throttle, I had my hands on a speedlink combostick, but it was made out of garbage bin plastic and had no resistance at all, i miss the old days....

With no good joysticks availabe, I can't improve my standoff score. Man, the WC multiplayer is about to be released.

I'm all ready, got Prophecy installed on my new(ish) pc, got a new HazardScript config for my joystick, just playing through various Wing Commanders to stay in shape a little.

It will not take much longer for the first release to be made public :) My last couple of weeks at work were... "interesting"... so, admitedly, there was a small delay introduced on my development schedule for MP. Nothing to worry about, though. With most bugs out of the way, the most important tasks left are to optimize and increase the stability of the net code, as well as integrating a small launcher which will link all players with minimal hassle (right now you have to edit a text file with the IP address of the server and with team information).

HCl said:
It will not take much longer for the first release to be made public :) My last couple of weeks at work were... "interesting"... so, admitedly, there was a small delay introduced on my development schedule for MP. Nothing to worry about, though. With most bugs out of the way, the most important tasks left are to optimize and increase the stability of the net code, as well as integrating a small launcher which will link all players with minimal hassle (right now you have to edit a text file with the IP address of the server and with team information).
Good luck and be sure to take your time.:)

HCl said:

Take your time, everyone has been waiting for this for a long time so I'm sure they can wait another few days. :D Cheers mate

Only the more reason not to doubt stuff that people say.

In most cases, yes, but I'm more a seeing is believing chap :D.

Cheers!

Back