Man of Vision: Multiplayer Added to Prophecy (March 5, 2006)

PopsiclePete said:
Hey, I was playing on my wife's junk-of-a-computer with the mouse for the first time in this test ! :p (I've always played with joystick before) But yeah, Hades is pretty good. From the previous matches we played together I'd say he beat me in a ratio of roughly 2:1

I'm teasing you here, right ? :p Looking forward to match up against you soon ! ;)

Ehehehehe, I think I'll probably get mopped all over the place, but what the heck...
And I wasn't making fun of YOU, just congratulating Hades :)
But hey! Challenge accepted!

I look forward to getting my atoms blown across space by the likes of several people here.

So thats what happens if you don't show up around here for a couple of days... - Hey Mario, GREAT work!

I'm looking forward to the things thay may come of this, and don't even dare to dream. Hope your phone rings soon with some EA guy asking you to join the dev team for the next WC release...

And, BTW: Shame on eyerbody who voted for a "poor" WC year in '06. Hehe.

Woohoo!!!

It looks like we will be forming squadrons.

I'm just wondering if it would be feasible with the Vision engine, but could there be custom insignias and squadron banners?

Chicken said:
Woohoo!!!

It looks like we will be forming squadrons.

I'm just wondering if it would be feasible with the Vision engine, but could there be custom insignias and squadron banners?
Insignias and banners are not feasivle with the Vision engine.

Lt.Death100 said:
Insignias and banners are not feasivle with the Vision engine.
Multiplayer is not feasible with the Vision engine. :rolleyes:

Seriously, while custom squadrons insignas might sound cool and all, how would that fit in WCP ?

The Vision Engine can't display hi-res and can't handle multiplayer, but no one told HCl that.

Hehe well, the day you stop trying, is the day it becomes impossible ... ;-)

I have no easy way to record a video of the test matches, but if anyone else on the test team has a way, we could work something out.

Support for squadron insignias is planned, but it will most likely not be available for the first version. The features for version1 are pretty much decided, so i'm currently concentrating on completing that milestone and getting it as stable as possible. New versions will be released periodically after that.. Think of it as WCP Multiplayer Episode 1 ;-)

Mario

HCl said:
Hehe well, the day you stop trying, is the day it becomes impossible ... ;-)

I have no easy way to record a video of the test matches, but if anyone else on the test team has a way, we could work something out.

Support for squadron insignias is planned, but it will most likely not be available for the first version. The features for version1 are pretty much decided, so i'm currently concentrating on completing that milestone and getting it as stable as possible. New versions will be released periodically after that.. Think of it as WCP Multiplayer Episode 1 ;-)

Mario

Myself or someone else could use something like fraps to record. But my *free* version has a 30 second linit so I would have to make multiple files to record an entire match.

HCL would it be feasable in the future to be able to use up a free MP slot to Spectate matches? Possibly even with a free roaming camera?

I've been away from editing a long time. Working roughly 11 hours a day forced me to it. Hell, I even haven´t played wc in quite a while...but what can I say? This is...just amazing! And if anyone could pull this off certainly would be you HCl.
The possibilities are great. Multiplayer deathmatches, coop missions...even a multiplayer standoff or any other project. If someone was thinking about leaving vision engine editing in the future, because it is outdated, you certainly should rethink it.
I don't believe the 'extras' that were planned for multiplayer are available (black-holes, cloacking and so on)? Anyway I wouldnt discard it, or anything, with HCl on the work.

Oh, and if does turn to be an april's fool joke, I will have to kill you guys. Nothing personal ;)

HCl said:
Support for squadron insignias is planned, but it will most likely not be available for the first version.

That sounds fine with me. Now I can design an insignia for what was once the inevitable.

I feel unusually happy.

Didn't know about Fraps, very nice program. Ok, i found PopsiclePete online so we put together a quick match just to capture a few sequences. I was playing with the keyboard and Pete was playing with the mouse, which justifies our lack of apparent skill, we aren't that bad playing WCP ;-)

HCL would it be feasable in the future to be able to use up a free MP slot to Spectate matches?

Yes, it should be possible (in the future) with little trouble. Limited spectator ability already exists: i tweaked the death sequence to allow you to follow around other players when you die, you can see a bit of this on the beginning of the 3rd video.

Oh, and if does turn to be an april's fool joke, I will have to kill you guys. Nothing personal

Hehe you can put that knife down Killerwave ;-) Good to see you're still around!

Back