Malcolm McDowell Signing, January 12th

LeHah

212 Squadron - "The Old Man's Eyes And Ears"
A bit of a surprise notification landed in my lap today: actor Malcolm McDowell (best remembered on these boards as Tolwyn from Wing Commander 3, 4 and Academy TAS) will be signing photos and DVDs (Halloween, Halloween 2 and Time After Time) at Dark Delicacies in California this January 12th.

For those of us who can't make it to that side of the country, you can order a signed item from the store at the following link: http://darkdel.com/c52.htm

On January 12th at 6 p.m., Malcolm McDowell will be signing photos (he will sign additional items for $25, or one copy of a DVD purchased in-store for $10). If you are planning on attending this special signing, you must come to the store prior to the event and pick up a number for your place in line.

Time After Time on DVD, signed is $15
Signed photos are $25
Halloween on DVD signed is $20
Halloween 2 on DVD, signed is $30

Also a little strange that they don't have his more "obvious" fare like A Clockwork Orange or the Lindsay Anderson movies, but I guess that wouldn't bring people in as much as a horror movie signing.

Is the "he will sign additional items for $25" referring to any additional item? That's kind of what it sounds like.

Thats my understanding, Chris. It seems to be kind of the going convention thing, isnt it? (I've never been to one, but the wording seems familiar to that scene)

Yeah, that sounds right. $25 seems a little high, not unusually high, but higher than I'd expect for a single person like McDowell at a store. I want to say Tom Wilson was $10 per item at DragonCon years back.

To be honest, I've never heard of McDowell showing up for a signing event. That could be why this is a little more pricey.

My autographs came in the mail today! I waited an extra month to get the novelist/screenwriter of the movie to sign the DVD as well.

24032_567554983286_18505573_33672880_4412391_n.jpg

Yeah, that sounds right. $25 seems a little high, not unusually high, but higher than I'd expect for a single person like McDowell at a store. I want to say Tom Wilson was $10 per item at DragonCon years back.

Unfortunately, this has gone way up in recent years--celebrities at conventions are starting to be more and more managed by central groups rather than just appearing out of their own willingness and it's raised prices a bunch.

Back