Make New Friends, But Keep The Old (March 3, 2007)

Compared it looks Fat, yes.

However, this is not THE TCS Midway we all flew off in WCP, but another ship of thesame class, right?

It's antennas remind me of a strange stealth/jamming ship from WC4(unsure).

I do not like the look of the new ship either, but first lets play the game and argue then?

There are no arguements here, simply opinions. Noone has said anything bad about the new designes. I personally said that I did not dislike the design just that I prefer the simplicity of the original design.

I like the elegance of the original game, and I prefer its coloration... *but* at the same time I'm floored that they put the Midway in the new game at all. We're talking about a project that has an entirely different team of developers, made ten years later. I also think it stands on its own as a pretty neat ship...

Think about it, not even Chris Roberts bothered to reuse ship designs when he did the movie -- the Arena team is doing good work...

I like the elegance of the original game, and I prefer its coloration... *but* at the same time I'm floored that they put the Midway in the new game at all. We're talking about a project that has an entirely different team of developers, made ten years later. I also think it stands on its own as a pretty neat ship...

Think about it, not even Chris Roberts bothered to reuse ship designs when he did the movie -- the Arena team is doing good work...

I have to agree with that. I would have liked to have seen the confederation class as a movie quality version of the original.

Back