'Lost' NES Games

frostytheplebe

Seventh Part of the Seal
Hi guys,

I recently picked up a retro mini system and am trying to scrape together a lot of the games I played when I was young. All the classics. However there were two my cousin had (Of course he doesn't remember the titles!) that I loved, but can not find.

The first was a side scrolling game like Ninja Gaiden, except that the sword strike was at a downward angle instread of straight forward. All else I remember about this game is that one of the levels starts you off on the top of a speeding, futuristic train that appears to be going through the desert. One of the final bosses is a guy in spikey armor with green pants on that almost make him look like he has gorrilla scales.

I know it's not much, but anyone recognize that? (NOT NINJA GAIDEN II)

Second game is a bit more simple, your put on a stage where you have to fight street gangs. You can kick and punch and get weapons like a chain or a baseball bat. It's two player. One level I remember is you have to beat up some thugs in the subway and then get on the train after you killed everyone.

Any help would be appreciated.

The first one sounds a lot like Strider, particularly considering the downward sword strike.

The second one sounds a lot like Renegade or possibly Double Dragon. But, then again, it could be any one of a dozen beat em ups. The subway section makes me think of Renegade though.

I've only played River City Ransom a couple times, back when it first came out, so I really don't remember much of it.

The first one sounds a lot like Strider, particularly considering the downward sword strike.

The second one sounds a lot like Renegade or possibly Double Dragon. But, then again, it could be any one of a dozen beat em ups. The subway section makes me think of Renegade though.

I've only played River City Ransom a couple times, back when it first came out, so I really don't remember much of it.

STRIDER!!! OH MY GOD THATS THE GAME! I recognize the train in the second level! DUDE! You rock!

As do the rest of you guys, Renegade was the second game.

Thank you so much... you have no IDEA How long I've been searching for those games. EBAY TIME :p

Back