Looking to buy a Raptor cheap!(or expensive)

Shaggy

Vice Admiral
On The Reckoning website it lists the Raptor as one of the flyable ships. So is it available to buy in the latest release of the mod, and if so where?

Sorry, but no, it's not.
We don't have a model of it.
And what Reckoning web site?
I've never even heard of one!
(And I'm the mod's programmer.)

Here's the URL for the website, maybe it's an old site I don't know, but it does have pics of a Thunderbolt and a Vindicator at a ship dealer in FL.
The ship list, in the background page, is where I got the Raptor listing from.

I joined the team about a month after that site was last updated.
I managed to find a copy of the mod that it was based on.
And there is, indeed, a copy of the Raptor in it.
I think I may be able to get it to work, and to squeeze it into the mod.
(No promises right now.)
There's also a few other ships that I might squeeze in, but the Bearcat, and the Drayman aren't amongst them.
(They had wierd ships in place of them.)
As I have a bunch of other work to do, I'll get to them when I get a chance.

The problem with the Raptor (and most of the early ships, to be honest) was that they were never really "finished", per se- they were just the Standoff models with placeholder textures slapped on. It was okay for an alpha, but I'd feel pretty silly doing something like that now.

That said, new ships will arrive. Be patient and watch.

Bob McDob said:
The problem with the Raptor (and most of the early ships, to be honest) was that they were never really "finished", per se- they were just the Standoff models with placeholder textures slapped on. It was okay for an alpha, but I'd feel pretty silly doing something like that now.

That said, new ships will arrive. Be patient and watch.

If I could get my hands on an existing 3D mesh & textures, I'd love to help out!

:D

Back