Location of Khorsan

In End Run, Bear Bondarevsky's brother was mentioned as having been killed on Khorsan. What Sector is Khorsan in?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. The information is needed for a work in progress.

Isn't it Khosan? I vaguely recall it having a different spelling than the TCS Khorsan.

Anyway, we don't know where it is. It's the name of a planet, apparently - so it might be located in a system with a different name. I suppose it would be safe to place it either in Enigma or Vega, since that's where most of the action seemed to be.

We have no way of knowing. There's four possibilities:
1. It's a made up name, referring to a completely made up battle. One of the other CVEs is the TCS Enigma, and we don't know of any Marine landings there - but apparently, some took place.
2. It's referring to Khosan, but the name got misspelt at some point.
3. It's referring to Khorasan, an area covering north-eastern Iran, Turkmenistan and parts of Afghanistan. This seems the least likely option, since the region is not exactly famous for its involvement in any of the conflicts Forstchen usually refers to.
4. It's referring to Kherson, a strategic city near the Crimean Peninsula. I suppose there might have been some battles there, either during the Crimean War or during WWII. The difference in spelling might be attributed to transliteration, I suppose. If we assume that Khorsan was indeed a historical reference, then this is a likely candidate - but we haven't really got a reason to assume that.

3. It's referring to Khorasan, an area covering north-eastern Iran, Turkmenistan and parts of Afghanistan. This seems the least likely option, since the region is not exactly famous for its involvement in any of the conflicts Forstchen usually refers to.

I guess there are a few hundred years for some famous battle to occur there between now and the Kilrathi war.

I was going to use Khorsan as the location of the Deneb Disaster. But, after finding LOAF's informative post on the subject, it's safe to say that Khorsan will have to be sent elsewhere for a while.

Thanks for the assistance.

I would use Midgard. From a bartender comment in Privateer: "

I just heard that the 6th Confederation fleet was lost around Midgard… Gone! The Kilrathi must’ve destroyed them so fast they couldn’t even get a message off! An entire fleet, lost! I’m afraid it’s only a matter of time… Drink up, friend. While you still can."

Back