LOAF's bidding...

mpanty

Keen Commander
First he's telling us to hurry, 'cause the auction is ending soon...
Originally posted in the news, 2001.179 (June 28, 2001)
It's Patch Day!
Former Origin employee Ares has posted one heck of an eBay auction -- and he's asked us to report about it. It contains four Wing Commander patches, which were given only to members of each development team... a rare prize indeed! See the picture below, or place your bids here... but hurry -- there's less than two days left!
...but he ain't tellin' us we're bidding against him! :D

Check out the high bidder!

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1610346203

Oh, and speaking of news...

Originally posted in the news, 2001.179 (June 28, 2001)
Which Came First?
Remember that old fighter pilot game called Wing Commander for the C64 that we mentioned a while back? Here's a very blurry picture of the box... which looks eerily familiar!
...there's an auction on eBay for this sweet little thing! :cool:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1250147591

[Edited by mpanty on 06-28-2001 at 18:13]

Quick! Let four of us team up and make a mammoth bid for those patches. One each;)

And please don't bid for the C64 game. It was pants in 1986. If you do buy it, just don't play it:D

why would he tell us and bring the price he has to pay for them up? its like bidding against himself.

Originally posted by KrisV
It doesn't matter, there's no way any of you could win.

but he is raising the ammount he has to pay in the end.
so lets give him a fight :D who knows, one of you MIGHT sneak it past him and win :)

Originally posted by KrisV
You're up against far greater forces than LOAF.

bill gates?

BTW. sorry about how my previous post sounded. it didn't come out right.

[Edited by $tormin on 06-28-2001 at 19:12]

My greater power is the business end of a Gauss Gun! :D

I would go up against LOAF or whomever it is, myself, but I have ta save up for DragonCon and a super-secret surprise! :D

The current high bidder is MNelson -- I expect Joe Garrity to bid later and win the auction... (I bid within the reserve, so I didn't really raise the price for anybody).

And I corrected the auction link yesterday -- I'd had it set to the auction where I stole the C64 WC picture from, I think. :)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
... (I bid within the reserve, so I didn't really raise the price for anybody).

what i ment was that you had brought in competition against your own efforts to purchase the patches.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Ares asked me to post about it -- it was the ethical thing to do.

don't let ethics keep you from what you want :)

nobody even think about killing me, im armed :p

*g* And now all guys stormed eBay and bid for those patches. Now I know why I don't get any answer of you, LOAF. :) It takes your time to hold that auction. But don't forget the other eBay ones....

Those are two titanic forces that should be working TOGETHER for the benefit of mankind. (or at least WC fans)

ps whats that link for the origin museum? Ive never been...

Back