Lo you lot, any musicians in the gang?

RATM

Spaceman
:Dmiss me? :p

So hey guys, anyone play any music in here? Myself have been playing guitar since christmas from last year, (so basiclt thats what ive been doing instead of hanging around here the past 11 months) anyone else play music? and if so, whats your instrument, style, how long have you played.

edit: alright concidering theres already a thread about this: whats your favourite band? cd? lol

mines Led Zeppelin, and I just love the early days and led zeppelin II

Yeah... I started that other thread. :p

My favorite band isn't really a band... he's an artist. I doubt many people have heard of Dave Koz, but he is considered one of the top names in his style (smooth jazz sax and instrumental pop). He plays all the saxes, and I love all of his work. He's amazing. I actually had the oppertunity to meet him at an album signinging, and we've been corresponding with eachother for a while. Anyone who likes that sorta style, or saxophone, I deffinately recommend checking him out. www.davekoz.com for those who are interested.

Originally posted by RATM
...So hey guys, anyone play any music in here? ...anyone else play music? and if so, whats your instrument, style, how long have you played.

If you count vocalists, yup. Couldn't play an instrument to save my life, but always wanted to learn the guitar. I started out singing pop (Fogelburg, Billy Joel, etc.) in college, but now am into praise & worship music. Jazz-style, pop-style, gospel, whatever; as long as it's lyrically true and musically "speaks" to me. It helps if it "rocks", but then some pieces are supposed to be "ballad-y"...
:cool:

Can't play an instrument in the least.

My favourite artist would have to Vanessa Carlton. Her music touches me.

Originally posted by Needaham45

My favorite band isn't really a band... he's an artist. I doubt many people have heard of Dave Koz, but he is considered one of the top names in his style (smooth jazz sax and instrumental pop).

Dave Koz used to be on General Hospital every once and awhile playing the saxophone for little sick kids during Christmas and all the characters would walk around talking about his new cd. I was never sure why they did that, but I guess they just really liked what he did for their theme music or something.

Well... here's what happened. First of all, when he released his Cd Lucky Man one of the songs on it was "Faces of the Heart". The GH people liked it, and decided to use it as thier theme. That's how he got the in for the show. Why was he actually on it? - first of all, in real life, he actually does go around to hospitals and plays for the sick kids at Christmas. He's the Global Ambassador of the Starlight Foundation, which helps sick and terminally ill kids. Also... pretty good publicity to appear on a show like that...

Oh.... and about Venessa Carlton. I haven't really heard much of what she's done. I did do an alto sax cover of "A Thousand Miles".. it came out really good (Dave Koz liked it... I gave him some of my recordings too). It's a really good crowd pleaser. I still haven't gotten it on my site, but Blue Claw... if your interested, I could e-mail the MP3 to you.

Well... I once played the piano, but have lost my touch over the years.

Currently I'm playing the classical guitar. My guitar is an acoustic, model Yamaha C-370.

I've also been composing a few melodies and themes... mostly in MIDI format. My first original composition (titled Melancholic Suite) can be downloaded from my webpage if you're interested.

Btw, anybody knows of a WC fan named Scrap?:cool:

how does; grade 8 flautist (thats top grade in england prior to diploma level) and singing in a cathedral choir for 8 years along with numerous choirs including one of the leading choral societys in england once or twice, strike you?

Yes, I play the guitar and more recently, keyboards as well.

I hardly ever browse the forum. Came to this thread because it was listed on the CIC's front page. ;)

Originally posted by Needaham45
Oh.... and about Venessa Carlton. I haven't really heard much of what she's done. I did do an alto sax cover of "A Thousand Miles".. it came out really good
I don't know much of her either, but that was a nice song.

Heh... I already replied to the intstrument thread.

But if there's anyone out there who knows anything about me, you know who I idolize:

Tears For Fears.

They were mostly popular in America in the 80's, but had some really good works in the 90's as well. Even though the two leads, Roland Orzabal and Curt Smith, broke up in 1989, they have recently reunited and have begun work on a new album together. I can't wait for it.

Then comes Genesis/Phil Collins, Pet Shop Boys, Ace of Base, Yaki-Da, Moist, The Tragically Hip, Tom Cochrane, and many many others.

I also write songs. I've written about 130 as of late (that count doesn't include covers or arrangements), and am rewriting them all. They cover rock, techno, orchestral, choral, heavy metal/hard rock and even some a capella (sp). My two latest works are "Silver Rose" and "Let You Down".

Anyway, that's my little self-ad done. I think I've offered enough of an answer here.

Back