Little problem WC4: On which side can I finish it off?

Manjana

Spaceman
I own WC4 since 3 months and I am at CD5 now but I lost the view on which side I come to an end. Confed or BW? I heard just at Confed and about having just the possibility to play some missions at BW. But not to finish at it. And then there's the mission with the spionage missile which I have to take on board again.But that is impossible. It doesn't work. So the result is: Sosa stays out there and the Intrepid is lost...is that the last mission of BW, which sees to be unplayable? I am really getting frustrated to be unable to play WC4 to an end! Am I just too stupid for it? That never happened to me before...threee months and no end in sight!

I'm not sure which mission you're referring to, but the impression I'm getting is that it's the Orestes comm station where poor Vagabond karks it. You need to tractor in Sosa before returning to the Intrepid, otherwise the story cannot continue. (Hence, the destruction of the Intrepid)

In the original script, Eisen calls you a traitor for leaving Sosa to the vacuum.

That's what I meant...but I cannot take her on board again...it doesn't work...they say press'g' for the tractor unit but if I do nothing happens!

Manjana, I understood from previous posts that WC IV is your first WC...

You then never have used a tractor beam before, have you? Here's what to do:

1) Fly with your Avenger past the MIP (pod) where Sosa is.
Past means either to the LEFT, or to the RIGHT. Fly slowly as you get near, like 50 kps.

2) Full stop your engines once you're past the MIP. Look on the left/right view (F2 or F3 I think), you should see the MIP right in front of your view. If it isn't accelerate a bit until you see it.

3) Make a 90 degree turn in the direction opposite the pod, and switch to rear turret (F4). The MIP should be exactly in front of you.

4) Press "G" to switch to Tractor Beam. Now, what you have to do (and I believe you forgot to do this before... ;)), is to "FIRE" the tractor beam i.e. press space and HOLD!! You have to HOLD the space bar button (keep it pressed) and the MIP should be drawn towards you. Keep pressing until you recoverm it (i.e. until it disappears in front of you)

5) You have recovered Sosa! :) Now do the same thing when you have other MIPs/ejected pilots to recover...

Originally posted by mpanty
You have recovered Sosa! :) Now do the same thing when you have other MIPs/ejected pilots to recover...
Funny thing about that was I felt like blowing up Vagabond's MIP, since he wasn't coming home. Big mistake...

Not really nice...*g*. But happens. Sometimes I have problems with P. and there I had such an experience,too. For ex. the rescue mission of the lost pilot. One time the SAR didn't move...I killed all enemys but it didn't move. So I first shot beside it, then I shot at it and as nothing helped I became so angry that I 'killed' it with a missile. That was also a 'mistake'...I had to fly the mission again and then it worked. Seen from the point of view later it was a funny mistake...:wink:

Whoops. I meant ;) But this happens if I use something I don't understand. Women and technics...LOL.
Or just said: blond, blue- eyed and stupid (in german it rhymes).

Originally posted by Wedge009
You have recovered Sosa! :) Now do the same thing when you have other MIPs/ejected pilots to recover...
Funny thing about that was I felt like blowing up Vagabond's MIP, since he wasn't coming home. Big mistake...
Huh? :confused:
Why "big mistake"? You can't complete the mission if you do? That's stupid... he's already dead??!!

Huh? :confused:
Why "big mistake"? You can't complete the mission if you do? That's stupid... he's already dead??!!
That's what I thought. I presume the game treats the MIP as a friendly ship. Blowing up a friendly makes you a traitor.

Back